Chapter Eighteen

Cassie looks so inviting, sitting on the couch with one of my shirts on and a blanket wrapped around her legs

Even though I wish I could see her long legs on display, I can't help but feel complete satisfaction witnessing her in my clothes. She has her own PJs and clothes, and yet, I find her in the very same shirt I offered her after I picked her up in the hotel room.

She hasn't returned it, and I haven't said anything about it because I don't want it back. In reality, I wish I could take a picture of her in it. She looks so fucking sexy, it is surreal. Her body is wrapped in the fabric, yet the top buttons are undone, hinting at a bit of her delectable cleavage.

The possessive tug in my heart strikes again when her eyes collide with mine, and a smile curls on her lips.

I smile before turning back to the microwave to take out the popcorn and place it in a bowl. Then, I walk back from the kitchen to the couch, pull the blanket over my lap, and settle down next to her, close enough that our legs touch under the pretense we're going to share the popcorn for the romance movie.

She shifts, moving closer so her arm presses against my bicep, and grabs a handful of popcorn.

My heart jumps again when she doesn't move away. Instead, her soft skin and delicate scent tempt me. My blood boils south, settling in my groin. I'm fucking grateful for the blanket since I can hide the erection I know I'll have throughout the entire movie.

However, I'm a sucker for punishment because I don't want to move away.

It is going to be the two longest hours of my entire life, but still, I wouldn't change it for the world. The idea of spending this close to Cassie for such a long time sounds like heaven. Blue balls and all.

"So, what's the movie about?" I question, wondering if I have watched it with my little sister before. Evelyn can come as harsh and snarky in real life but she's a sucker for romance.

My voice comes breathless, I have to clear my throat.

"Hot billionaire guy who falls in love with this badass girl," She admits after munching on her handful of popcorn. "The girl isn't impressed by him at the beginning. In fact, she doesn't like him much. Meanwhile, he's crazy about her and her artistic life. He tries to seduce her, but she keeps fighting him every step of the way until finally, after paying so much attention to her and getting to know her, he manages to bulldoze her walls down and gets her."

"Is it safe to assume you've watched this before?" I tease her.

She giggles. "Maybe a bit too much...I might know a few lines too so don't be scared when I start rambling."

A laugh escapes from my chest. And then, I nod, turning back to the movie, curious what makes it so special that keeps her wanting to watch it over and over again.

It's like she can read my mind because she starts talking again. I love how she drops her own comments and insights throughout the movie. It's my only way to get into her beautiful head and know what she's thinking without being obvious about how desperate I want to know everything about her.