Preview: Chapter Twenty-Five

Hi everyone! This is only a preview of what's coming in the next chapter. I expect to complete the chapter soon. Enjoy!

- HFK

* * *

I wake up to the feeling of tender and loving kisses being peppered all over my shoulder and neck

I smile, rolling onto my stomach and hugging a pillow to my chest. The pillow smells like Ryder, all masculine, alluring, and powerful. There's a heady scent of sweat and sex clinging to the sheets too.

Even though I'd rather be hugging the real Ryder, I want to stay in this place for eternity. It feels exactly like the perfect cocoon to wrap myself around. It feels like my happy place.

Besides, I'm loving the way he's pressing his hot mouth against my skin in reverence.

"Sweetheart," He whispers in a low growl, pressing another kiss on my shoulder. This time, his tongue flickers out and swirls against my skin, sending goosebumps down my arms and spine.

I press my thighs together when a throbbing pulse forms. And soon, I realize I'm sore. The delicious ache sends ripples of pleasure down my spine and legs. My toes curl.

"God, you're so delicious," Ryder mutters to himself this time, kissing me up my neck and earlobe. He sounds distracted. One of his hands glides across my torso and cups one breast in his huge hand. He gives a small squeeze, tightening the ball of need settled in my stomach.

I gasp. "Ryder."

I could get used to waking up like this every morning.

"I brought you some of the coffee you like," He mutters against my skin while his hand tweaks my nipple. His hot breath lands on my back as he kisses down my spine. "Then I thought we could take a nice shower before heading to the office."

His mouth at this point has trailed down to my lower back. The sheets are covering only my lower half, from my ass down to my legs. But slowly, Ryder removes the covers to my upper thighs, exposing my naked ass to him. His mouth descends, kissing one cheek before giving it a soft bite.

The gesture startles me more than hurts me, so I jolt and look at him over my shoulder, wide awake now. My heart hammers against my chest.

He gives me a shy smile, though it is clear he's enjoying every second of this. "Sorry," He mutters before moving to my other ass cheek and giving it a kiss and a bite. "I can't resist it, Cassie. You're addicting. I'm tempted to call my father and cancel our meeting today. Staying in bed with this tantalizing body sounds better."

He's focused on my ass again, leaving tender kisses until he buries his face against my soaked cunt. I gasp, moving away, shy that his face is pressed there.

His hands grab my thighs as though to stop me but then he growls and plants a quick kiss on my folds before moving again. He licks his lips, tasting my juices smeared on his mouth.

I blush at the sight before he looks at me and winks. "This is for the shower, sweetheart."

He climbs out of bed, and I instantly miss his warmth. I twirl around as he grabs the ugly mug he gifted me. This time, instead of having wine, it is filled with coffee. It smells exactly like the coffee I love with oat milk and vanilla syrup.

He passes it to me as I lift the cover up to my breasts. Ryder's eyes flicker down and darken at the view of my tits.

"I'm not sure if I got the quantities right," Ryder comments before lifting his gaze back at my eyes. I take another sniff of the delicious aroma before bringing the mug to my mouth. The sweetness invades my taste buds, swirls of sweetness and bitterness flood through my system in a perfect combination.

This is probably the best coffee I ever had and it might be because Ryder Lockhart prepared it for me.

I hum. "I'm not really sure why I'm the one preparing the coffee at the office, you definitely have a natural talent here, boss."

He chuckles and seems to relax at learning that I'm getting addicted to this coffee.

"I'm serious," I say, taking another sip. "I think I'm going to start demanding that you prepare my morning coffee from now on."

"That can be easily arranged. My only condition is that you wake up in my bed, naked."