Chapter Twenty-Three

As soon as I get home, I decide to get completely naked and change into a comfortable fluffy robe, pull my hair up in a knot, and pour some wine into the new mug Ryder gifted me

I love the mug, but I mostly love the fact that Ryder thought of me and bought me a matching ugly mug. A recurring inner joke but with a more meaningful depth. For some reason, the idea of the two of us matching mugs while sharing our morning coffee sounds a lot like something couples would do. 

The word couple and Ryder in the same sentence brings butterflies to stamp all over my body. My body gets crazy whenever I think of him.

I bite my lip, feeling my heartbeat accelerating. 

I almost kissed him earlier and we almost got discovered by no other than Erika. Though the realization brings a cold shiver down my spine, I can't lie and deny I still don't want to kiss him despite the repercussions. 

I've been dreaming about it for some nights already and almost got to realize how his tantalizing mouth would feel against my lips. I have a feeling he's a demanding, hungry, and possessive kisser, wanting to taste as much of you as he can until he has you curled in his arms, desperate for me. After all, he was restless until he had me coming in his fingers the morning I woke up rubbing myself against him.

I was a bit disappointed he wasn't coming home tonight with me. I was tempted to see if once we found ourselves alone again, we would end up kissing or more. However, I've been stealing so much of his time, that I couldn't demand more of him. 

Of course he should've gone out with his father tonight. I know how close he is to his family.

I exhale, taking a sip of my wine. 

More than simmering down from stress at work, I would be calming my hormones down. I need to halt myself before I throw myself at him in front of the office. My reputation would never stand it. It would confirm what Erika and most of the office already believe.

I finish my first mug of wine without stopping to taste it and serve another one before heading to his marvelous bathroom for a relaxing bath. 

While the tub fills with water, I grab one of my masks and apply it all over my face. I snort at how ridiculous I look with the black clay on my face. Thank God Ryder isn't here to witness this. 

After the tub is full, I remove the fluffy robe and step in, hissing at the scalding water. However, once I'm full in, I exhale and look at the different liquid soaps Ryder has. 

I obsessively sniff through them until I find the one that Ryder uses the most and pour a generous amount into the bath. 

As his scent invades me, I relax and close my eyes, imagining he's here with me. 

Despite the warm temperature, goosebumps form on my arms and thighs while a picture of a naked Ryder sits behind me and wraps me in his strong arms. 

I bite my lip, playing with the idea of touching myself to the thought of him but stop myself. I need to get a grip on myself, tonight is to relax.