Chapter Sixteen

I have to bite my tongue when I glance up and see Cassie wrapped in a towel and her clothes bundled in a ball pressed against her chest

Droplets of water still cover her silky skin and my mouth dries, imaging pressing my lips to dry every single one of them. Then, my eyes drift down to her long legs. The towel barely reaches her mid-thighs, allowing me to have a good look at my beautiful assistant.

Fucking hell.

I swallow hard, feeling my chest tightening along with my cock.

She rushes to her bedroom without realizing I'm ogling at her from the kitchen. And I'm thankful, otherwise, she would know how hard I am for her. How much she affects me and how quick I am to harden in her mere presence. She's so fucking sexy, it knocks the breath out of my system. My wet pants only heighten my erection.

Just like a dream, she disappears before I can grasp all the details of her and shuts the door behind her.

I exhale hot air and slump against the counter.

My legs are burning with the sudden need to storm into her room. Is she naked right now? Has she dropped the small towel covering her perfect breasts and pussy? I can bet all my money that her skin is smooth and soft everywhere.

One of my hands drops down to my erection and I squeeze it hard before releasing it.

I need to get a grip on myself. As much as I'm dying to taste her, I can't risk making a move on her. Not yet. She trusts me and I have her right under my protection and roof. Right where I want her to be. I can't risk urging her to run because she isn't ready yet.

Despite seeming to move on from the fucker, I have to be subtle. I have to be patient. Our relationship is turning more intimate, it is a matter of time before she knows how fucking good it can be between us.

Besides, I've been noticing her stares. Her eyes keep lingering on my mouth or eyes. Her cheeks flush from time to time when she's lost in her head, probably thinking about me. A few minutes before, she couldn't remove her eyes from my chest and abs. The attraction is palpable.

She needs a small push, not me storming into her room and fucking her raw. I know that would scare her.

For the past 4 years since she started working for me, I've been praying to get a chance with her. The time is finally here. I'm not going to miss it, whether it is because I didn't do something, or because I pushed her too fast.

I have to control my breathing to slow down my drumming hard and cool the boiling blood in my veins before walking slowly to her bedroom door.

My jaw clenches as I knock on it.

"Cassie?" I say softly.

"Uh..." She falters. My eyes shut down because I know she's caught off guard and is more likely naked or in her underwear.