Mitch Marner

Jessica Alba as Liana Collins

Mitch Marner as himself

________________________________________________________________________________

Liana's POV: 

I was at Auston Matthew's New Years party, since we were really good friends since high school; there's only one thing his friend on his team is my biggest crush, Mitch Marner. I was talking with Auston's girlfriend Katie. "So, are you and Marner gonna get together tonight" "Oh come on Katie, he doesn't see me like that and he never will. When the clock strikes 12 I'll be outside by myself." She looked at me with a look of knowing something but walked over to Auston. 

I saw that it was 5 minutes to Midnight, so I walked outside and sat on the  chairs looking at the stars waiting for the fireworks to start to pronounce the new year. I heard everyone inside screaming about the countdown, I was preparing for the clock to strike. Once the clock was at 20 seconds Mitch walked outside to where I was and sat next to me. 

His eyes met mine and he put his hand on my cheek, the clock was at 5 seconds and as soon as the fireworks started he kissed me, making me freeze from shock. After a few seconds I kissed back and then we pulled away. I looked him in shock and he looked me deep in the eyes, "I guess it was time to stop hiding my feelings for you" "You have feelings for me" "Yea I do Liana and I would love for you to be my girlfriend for this New Years." I smiled at him "I would love to Mitch"

He kissed me again happily. 

Mitch's POV: 

I finally got the girl I wanted for the past 5 years, she was all I ever wanted and I did the one thing I would never have done if Auston didn't push me into it earlier tonight, 

Earlier that night

Auston came up to me and asked "So Mitch when are you going to ask Liana to be your girlfriend?" "What are you talking about Auston? She would never date me" "I think she would" "Do you know something I don't" He just smiled as Katie walked up to the both of us when she was done talking with Liana, she looked at me as she said "Just to let you know Mitch Liana will be outside before the clock hits 12, so she doesn't have to be around the kissing couples"

Auston looked up at me smiling "Maybe you should make your move and if you need it I have condoms and a spare bedroom that you guys could use"

Maybe I will be making my move tonight away from everyone so that it was just me and her. And I might take Auston up on that spare bedroom.

I looked at her happy. "I guess I should take Auston up on his offer of the spare bedroom for tonight" She laughed that beautiful laugh and smiled. "You should probably also ask for some condoms too, I'm sure he has plenty". 

This night is the best one of my life.