Patrick Kane

Cara's POV:
My fake fiancé is the one and only Patrick Kane. We got engaged because of an agreement that was by our parents and both of our managements, Patrick started the season with a bad reputation and in order to clean up his image, we became engaged.

Neither of us could get along, he was arrogant, he was always mean and it seemed like he didn't like me very much. He had an important game tonight, I got ready and drove over to the arena. Although I didn't like him I wanted to support him in this game tonight. But when I was about to run into his cabin, he came to meet me. "Hey" i said with a shy smile, his face changed abruptly. He seemed annoyed "What are you doing here?" He asked me ruggedly and my smile went away. "I...I" I began to say, but he interrupted me "Anyways, I'm not interested in that. I have a game to focus on, I don't want you here" Ouch.

Patricks POV:
I try to concentrate on the game, which i didn't get much success with. My thoughts were with her. With my fiancé, well fake fiancé. Her hurtful look earlier in the changing room hadn't escaped me. I had let go of all my anger on her. I've been stressed out, training continuously everyday for the last few weeks. When I scored the decisive goal, I searched the stands for a certain person, my fiancé. The words I told her earlier came back to my mind and feelings of guilt prepared me.

Secretly, I hope to find my fiancé among the crowd, but she wasn't there. She wasn't there and it was my fault. I chased her away with my words.

Cara's POV:
With quick steps I leave the stadium and the corridors were empty. The game had begun. A little painfully contracted in me. "How could I be so stupid?" I mumble softly and tears gather in my eyes, When I was sitting in my car, I let the tears go. This is the last time I ever want to be at any of his games. I would never do this again, he didn't want me here, he told me clearly earlier. Half an hour later I stand in the front of my apartment, because of this agreement I had to move into his penthouse. Once I was in my bedroom I slam the door behind me, I took off my jacket and look at the jersey I was wearing. His jersey. Angry, I take it off and throw it on the floor, I had specifically asked his manager if he could get me a jersey with his name and number. I wanted to surprise him.

Patrick's POV:
When I drive up the driveway, I can see how light was still burning in my apartment. A little nervously, I get out of the car and walk to the front door, It was quiet as I walk down the hallway. I stop when I see my fiancé in the kitchen, she was just cleaning out the dishwasher. "Hi" I hear myself say softly, to my astonishment, she said a word back, she talked to me - it was a good sign, wasn't it? - But my hopes were gone as soon as they came. She turned around and left the kitchen without giving me a look. I walk after her and stop her by gently grasping her wrist, "Cara" I said pulling on her wrist so that she looked at me.

I couldn't interpret her look, "What is it?" Her voice was freezing cold, without any emotions and I feel a wall built up between us both. All because of me, "I wanted to apologize for today. That was-" I started but she interrupted me saying "It's okay" she says and I looked at her stunned. It was anything but okay. It wasn't okay. But she looked like she didn't want to hear my apology at all. Let alone talk to me. She detached from my grip and turns around, before I could even blink, she had disappeared into her room and she slammed the door behind her. I deserve that.

Cara's POV:
After a busy day, all you wanted to do is go home and rest. You had worked overtime for the last two days to avoid my fiancé, I left the house early and came home late. I was still hurt by his behavior before his game. I didn't want to let it be noticed, but it was very difficult for me. I sigh when I was stopped by my assistant "Ma'am.. we have a problem." I hear her panic as she says quietly and she looks and me with panic. "What is it?" I asked her "Your sister called. She would actually have a meeting in a restaurant today, but she can't make it in time. She asked me to let you know. It's really urgent, you have to be there." Tired, I massage my neck and try to calm down. I hardly nod noticeably. "Where do I have to go and when should I be there?" My assistant enlightened me and I am on my way. I park my car in the front of the restaurant and go off.

The warm evening air came towards me and I walk in, I have already received in front of the front of the entrance. With a tired smile, I greet her and follow her. I step slow down as I enter the room. It was sake in the room and on the floor there were candles everywhere and I hear someone playing a song on the piano. As I get closer, I recognize my fiancé standing next to the piano with a bouquet in his hand. I looked at him confused when he started approaching me. He stopped in front of me and gave me a shy smile. "Before you say anything, please let me finish," he says quickly and looks at me nervously.

Before I could nod, he kept talking. "I wanted to apologize to you for my behavior at the game a few nights ago, I was very stressed and annoyed about the game and unintentionally let out my bad mood on you. That wasn't okay. I said things I didn't mean. I'm really very sorry. I..I.. my thoughts were with you all the time and I could only think of your hurt facial expression and that tore my heart out. I hope you can forgive me-", uncertainly he looks at me and my heart starts beating faster. I was overwhelmed and nod easily. "I forgive you," I say quietly and he smiles at me. He leads you to the table, and the both of us have a beautiful evening.