Chapter 9

Outside the grand estate, bathed in the moon's ethereal glow, the East India Trading Company's opulent black carriage awaited their departure. Lord Beckett politely extended a hand and guided her into the waiting carriage, and as they stepped into its private confines, the coachman cued the horses out of the well-guarded Penwallow mansion back towards the Beckett estate.

Within the serenity of the carriage, Lord Beckett and Catherine found a moment of quietness – a respite from the whirlwind of dance and diplomacy.

"Tonight's proceedings have brought me great pleasure. This alliance shall prove most fortuitous for our cause. My interactions with the Spanish dignitaries have been extensive—rarely have I engaged with so many in a single gathering," Lord Beckett articulated with satisfaction.

"Indeed," Catherine responded, spent from the numerous dances and conversations she had throughout the evening. "It was a comfort to encounter familiar faces now aligned with our cause."

"Tonight's affair proved to be a triumph, largely to your efforts," Lord Beckett acknowledged, turning to her with gratitude.

"And your contributions have been equally paramount, my Love..." she stopped for a moment shocked at the lapse in her words. "My Lord..." she corrected.

A bout of silence filled the carriage as Lord Beckett contemplated the implications of Catherine's slip of the tongue. Then, subtly scanning their surroundings to ensure their privacy, he decided to seize the moment. He turned to Catherine, his finger pressed gently against his lips in a gesture of caution. "We must be discreet," he whispered softly in her ear with pointed authority.

He turned to caress her face gently with his hands and began to kiss her silently and tenderly. His kiss filled her body with warmth and excitement and she placed her hands over his strong shoulders, welcoming him within her embrace. She carefully returned his kiss without making much of a sound or movement, yet her whole body was beginning to come alive at his touch.

The sound of the hooves of the horses and slow whispers of tree branches in the air were the only sounds that could be heard about the carriage as they carefully and meticulously connected in silence.

Shortly thereafter, they arrived at the estate, the moon still full in the sky above them. The coachmen dutifully opened the doors, revealing Lord Beckett and Catherine in perfect composure.

He respectfully offered his arm to her, and they walked silently up the stairs together to the household, greeting and passing the night staff as if they were returning from a regular business meeting and nothing was out of the ordinary. As they walked up the stairs to their quarters, they came across a fork in the corridor which separated the areas where the Lord and the guests retired for the day.

He took her hand decisively and lead her quietly down the path to his bedroom, scanning for servants. When they reached his quarters, he closed the door carefully, locking it gently behind him. The bedchamber was lightly lit by candlelight and the light of the full moon penetrated the window. It had a smooth air of elegance, structure and authority, perfectly matching the life he led.

He calmly removed his jacket, placing it neatly on the bedroom bench. Taking her hand, he gently moved in towards to kiss her tenderly, yet silently. His hands smoothly slid off her crimson dress, laying it gently on top of his jacket and waist coat.

His hands explored her slender yet toned body as he kissed her softly, savoring each moment and charting her every curve.

When they reached the bed, she softly pulled off her shoes as he did the same for his, careful not to give the impression that two were in the room. Her heart beat intently as they pulled each other close, feeling their bodies come together in this rapture that had been like a dense bubble between them all these weeks, waiting to burst.

He slowly kissed down her neck, releasing her hair from its pins causing it to cascade over her shoulders. Reciprocating, she removed his powdered wig, placing it gently on his nightstand. Their foreheads touched and their eyes locked as their breath intertwined together for a momentary pause, as she began to unravel his white cravat.

"Long have I yearned for this moment," Lord Beckett murmured, his voice barely a breath, "ever since your initial entrance into my office."

"I'm well aware," Catherine whispered back audaciously.

With a mischievous smile, he moved behind her with the intent of unlacing her corset. Catherine's long dark hair, cascading down her back, brushed against Beckett's hands as he struggled with the ties. Finally, the corset fell to the floor, and Catherine began slowly removing her slip from her shoulders sensually, revealing more and more skin as it collapsed softly to the ground.

Her bare breasts exposed, Lord Beckett seemed to freeze in surprise, betraying the fact that this would be his first experience. No doubt women were intimidated by him, and his resolute focus on his mission had erected an impenetrable barrier. Although his father had regularly visited courtesans, he vowed never to walk the same dishonorable path.

Sensing his hesitation, she took his hand and placed it on her naked breast. "My love," she said quietly. His attention returned and he began to caress her nipple with his thumb, causing her to sigh softly. Seeing her neck exposed from the relaxation she felt, he moved forward and kissed her gently there once more, causing her to outwardly sigh again in pleasure.

Lord Beckett again placed a finger to his lips, signifying the importance that they remain silent as to not tarnish her honor.

He lifted her up in his arms and carried her onto his bed. As he unbuttoned his white shirt above her, she could feel the bulge in his trousers becoming more protruding. "Mi amor," she whispered, beckoning him to come closer and kiss her once again. His knees separated her legs as he dutifully fell between them and found her lips tenderly yet silently.

His hand slowly navigated up her thigh to land between her legs, revealing an ocean within. Her hands found the lacing of his trousers and struggled to untie them, and when she finally did, he uttered a small gasp of relief from being released from the constrained quarters.

He removed his hand from between her legs and inserted himself within, causing her to moan slightly. He immediately placed his hand over her mouth as he slid himself completely within her, like a sword sliding into its sheath.

Catherine's eyes fell to the back of her head as she placed her hands on his waist to feel the controlled power of Lord Beckett's slow and meticulous thrusts. Kissing each other passionately in silence, their constrained breathing began to quicken, yet careful not let a sound leave their months. Lord Beckett expertly controlled his movements so that not a resonance was heard from the bed.

They began to sweat from ecstasy, tied up in each other's embrace, and Catherine, her heart filled with love and passion for him, gave one last sigh. Finally, Lord Beckett reached his own climax and released himself inside of her, filling her with his warmth. He kissed her neck and lips softly and looked into her eyes one last time before falling exhausted by her side.

Catherine nestled closer to him on the bed, her head on his chest, hand on his heart. She could feel it beating strongly.