Chapter 22

Deep within Shipwreck Cove, tension permeated the air as Blackbeard, his ebony beard twisted and eyes smoldering like glowing embers, Jack Sparrow, exuding a wily smirk, and Hector Barbossa, his grizzled face reflecting years of piratical experience, convened with other pirate leaders.

Blackbeard leaned forward with a sinister grin, "So, ye seek my backing against Beckett? Why should I help ye? What's in it for me?"

Jack Sparrow, with an insouciant swagger, replied, "Ah, Blackbeard, my dear fellow pirate, we're proposing a mutually beneficial alliance. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, savvy?"

Stroking his beard, Blackbeard replied, "Friends, ye claim? I've had too many "friends" drive a dagger in me back. Why should I trust ye?"

Barbossa interjected, "Trust is a luxury we can't afford, but survival is a common goal. If we don't unite against Beckett, we'll all end up at the bottom of the ocean."

Approvingly nodding, Blackbeard remarked, "Survival, aye. But if I'm to wager me neck in this venture, against Beckett and the Spanish, there be one condition. I want to be named Pirate King."

Exchanging glances with Barbossa, Jack replied with a wry grin, "Pirate King, you say? Quite an ambitious request, that is."

Leaning back, Blackbeard crossed his arms,"Ambitious, mayhaps, but if I'm to lead the assault on Beckett and the Spanish,I want the respect and command that befits such a venture. Assemble all thepirate lords at Shipwreck Cove. Only then shall we parley on the terms of ouraccord."

Jack Sparrow smirked, "A meeting of the Pirate Lords, you say? That's no small feat, considering they're scattered across the seas."

Hector Barbossa interjected, stroking his chin thoughtfully, "Aye, it'll take some persuasion to gather them all. But if it means ridin' the seas without Beckett's shadow, it might be worth it."

Blackbeard leaned in authoritatively, "Make it happen, or our deal is off. The Pirate King won't be swayed by mere promises."

Hector Barbossa, his voice commanding and unwavering, directed Jack, "Set up a little 'parley' with Beckett. We need to unravel his schemes and gauge the extent of his knowledge. Play the game, savvy?"

As Blackbeard's ultimatum settled among the assembled pirates, the moon outside Shipwreck Cove's hidden stronghold cast its eerie glow, painting the night sky with a pale luminescence.