WTS | 012

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
WHAT THEY SEE

HONESY SADÉ POWELLSEPTEMBER 7th, 2023

HONESY SADÉ POWELL
SEPTEMBER 7th, 2023.
THURSDAY 1:02 pm

"HONESTY! WATCH ME!" Caden yelled from the top of the slide looking down at honesty. "Are you looking girl? Look!" He went on.

"Boy, I'm watching you!" She giggled standing on the ground waiting for him to slide down. "Go ahead boo." She encouraged him.

"Okay." He strained before pushing off, sliding down the old side that had been in the middle of the neighborhood for years.

He playfully screamed all the way down, and honesty squatted down placing her arms out. Once he got to the bottom he slid off the slide right into her arms.

"I thought I was gonna fall!" He exclaimed with his face in her shoulder.

"Oh no baby I got you." She laughed at his confession.

She had lived there since she was six year old so she knew exactly how the slide was, which was why she was there to catch him because he would surely fall if she wasn't .

It was Thursday and this morning caden had played sick so he wouldn't have to go to school, so honesty let him play hooky.

They watched movies, and ate food all day but honesty felt like since he hadn't been to school he needed a little fresh air and play time so she took him to the same park she used to take comfort in.

Honesty was taking it day by day with the mothering thing, but she was still holding off on telling the kids because then that would make everything real.

They would start relying on her as a mother and not a sister, and she was trying to transition into everything without being overwhelmed.

"I wanna do it again." He smiled brightly pulling out of her hold. She nodded and he ran around the playground climbing up the steps before doing it over and over again.

She watched him every single time too.

She wasn't one of the people who eventually got frustrated with children and needed a break. If a child wanted her to watch them do a trick a million times, they would have her attention until they didn't want it anymore.

She'd grown to love children.

Honesty was watching him climb up the playground for what felt like the hundredth time before he paused and his eyes brightened.