HAKU

She was soft, fragile, and scented of honeysuckle. Her hands were cold- just like they were when she was 10- and I was finally here to keep them warm. My Chihiro.

My mind still couldn't wrap around the fact that she was here, in my grasp. It was hard to believe at first. But, when it comes down to it, she came back. To the Spirit World. To me. To us.

She opened her eyes and looked up at me. Those breathtaking browns were a sight to see. They were filled with shock, fear, adoration, love. I stared into them and knew that this wasn't a dream. And for the first time in ten years, I put on a real smile.

I moved a strand of hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek. Her skin suddenly became warm under my touch.

"I hate myself for not returning sooner," Chihiro confessed, grabbing my forearm and squeezing it lightly.

A tear escaped from her eye. I rubbed it away with my thumb before it could make its way down her pretty little face.

"Don't worry," I muttered. "You were worth the wait."

The wind blew around us, making her pony tail sway and the hem of her shirt lift. A lump formed in my throat as she bit her bottom lip. In the moonlight, she looked beautiful. To me, she always has been. And she always will be.

With my heart crashing into my chest, I wrapped my fingers around her neck and pulled her in closer. This was it, the moment I've waited a decade for.

As the tips of our noses touched, I heard doors burst open and numerous footsteps behind me. I leaned back.

Moment, ruined.