• Moments like these •

I was in my mauri with my family when suddenly the horn blew, the Tulkun have come home

I was in my mauri with my family when suddenly the horn blew, the Tulkun have come home. I immediately got up and ran to greet my spirit sister, everyone came out of their mauri's to greet their spirit siblings. I saw Tsireya with Loak as they swam to her spirit sister, I smiled at the sight, they're so cute.

As I was swimming to greet my spirit sister I saw Neteyam swimming on his ilu smiling at the view, "Neteyam! Over here!". I yelled to him to come over, he heard my voice and immediately made his way to me. "Come I want to show you my spirit sister!" I said with excitement in my voice.

He chuckled at my enthusiasm as he followed my ilu, I immediately swam towards my spirit sister once I spotted her. She let out a high pitched wail, excited to see me. Her name is Roya. Me and Neteyam dived underwater as we approached my sister.

"Sister I see you." I signed to her. "I see you sister. Who is that boy?" She asked as she looked to Neteyams direction. "This is Neteyam, my boyfriend, he is from the Omaticaya clan, the forest." I replied. Neteyam made his way over to Roya and greeted her, giving her a hug. Roya closed her eyes accepting the affection. Neteyam pulled away and swam towards me holding my hand in his. "He is very handsome, he's definitely the one for you sister, he's kind, he has a strong heart, and he's very brave." She said in a high pitched wail. I could see the excitement in her eyes. It was moments like these that I loved.

I smiled at her as we did a flip. Roya let out a beautiful wail, flapping her fins. Neteyam watched with awe in his eyes smiling. After the Tulkuns arrival I told Neteyam what Roya said. "She likes you Ma'Teyam She said that your very handsome and that you have a strong heart, and that your the one for me." I said smiling. He looked at me with admiration. "I'm so glad she likes me, I can't wait to see her again she's very kind." He replied as he put his arm around my waist. I smiled at him as I gave him a peck on the lips.