• Those Eyes •

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS calm, you were at the beach sitting on the sand, fiddling with your necklace

THE ATMOSPHERE WAS calm, you were at the beach sitting on the sand, fiddling with your necklace. You wanted to be alone for a while, to think about some things. It's been a while since you hung out with the group.

You've had a crush on Neteyam for a while, but he seems to be "busy" with someone. You didn't think much of it until you started seeing them hanging out all the time.

Her name was Leyra, she's a Metkayina girl. She's beautiful, long curly hair, big blue eyes, plump lips and a curvy body. You've always been jealous of her, not in an envious way, you were just insecure and would compare yourself to others. You are half Omaticaya and half Metkayina, you have long hair one of your eyes is blue and the other is yellow. Your skin is a beautiful mix of dark blue and turquoise. You would always get bullied for being mixed. They would call you "half blood"

Tears began to prick at your eyes, remembering seeing them together yesterday. You couldn't control it anymore, you sobbed, letting it all out. Your heart ached, you couldn't stop crying, you let out the saddest cry ever.

You brought your knees to your chest , you wrapped your arms together, your cry's turned into hiccups. "Y/n?" You heard a voice behind you. Quickly you wiped your tears away, you turned around to be met by Neteyam.

"O-oh, hey Neteyam." You replied as another hiccup came out. Your eyes were puffy and a little red from crying. "Are you okay, you look like you were crying?" Neteyam responded with concern, making his way towards you. He sat next to you on the ground.

You immediately looked down. "I-Im fine, don't worry about me." You replied stuttering nervously. He lifted your chin with his index finger. "Your clearly not fine, what's wrong mamas?" He asked you with a small frown.

You blushed at the nickname. "I'm fine really, theres no need to worry." You lied. You couldn't tell him anything, you just had to accept the fact that you couldn't be with him. He sighed and he caressed your cheek softly.

"Those eyes. They're so beautiful. Your beautiful." He replied. Your cheeks started to heat up. You quickly looked away, not wanting him to see your face. "No I'm not." You mumbled, but he heard you.

"Mamas, your beautiful. What are you talking about.?" He responded. You looked back up at him.

"I'm not beautiful Neteyam, I'm ugly. I'm just a half blood. Leyra is gorgeous, she has long hair, a curvy body and gorgeous eyes. I'll never be as pretty as her!" You replied your chest rising up and down from yelling.

He looked at you wide eyed. "Y/n, I never liked Leyra, I like you. You're absolutely gorgeous. Lately I've been hanging out with her because she felt left out of the group, and she doesn't have many friends. She likes someone else too. I only see her as friend.

You eyes went wide, you were very suprised. You really couldn't believe it. You paused for moment, before speaking. "I like you too Neteyam. It's pretty obvious anyways." You replied with a low chuckle.

He smiled as he grabbed your face in his hands, and softly kissed you on the lips. "Oel ngati kameie tiyawn." He said pressing his forehead against yours. "Oel ngati kameie Ma'Neteyam." You replied back.

Vocabulary:
Oel ngati kameie - I see you
Tiyawn - My love/ love