• I'll always be here •

COUGHING COULD BE heard from your mauri, your face was warm, your cheeks were pink from the heat, and your body was aching

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

COUGHING COULD BE heard from your mauri, your face was warm, your cheeks were pink from the heat, and your body was aching. You got sick from a fruit you ate, it had something in it which caused you to get a fever.

You couldn't figure out what was in the fruit that gave you a fever but at this very moment it didnt matter to you, you just wanted to get better. Neteyam was right by your side throughout the day, you were so thankful for him. "Ma'Teyam please, I don't want you to get sick. I'll be alright on my own." You said with a raspy voice, tired from coughing so much. "No, I don't care if I get sick princess, I going to stay with you, you can't be all by yourself mama." He replied caressing your head softly.

"Alright fine, but don't start whining when you get sick." You responded cuddling into him more. He chuckled at your response. "Trust me I won't get sick mamas don't worry." He said kissing your forehead lovingly. Soon your mother Ronal came in with some medicines and herbs. Neteyam immediately greeted her with respect, she nodded her head at him smiling. "Ma'Ite come I have some medicines and herbs." She said softly.

You got out of Neteyams embrace and laid down on the matt while Neteyam sat next to you holding your hand to comfort you. Ronal gave you some medicine in a small bowl to drink. "Here my sweet girl drink this." Ronal said soothingly as she gave you the bowl. You slowly drank the medicine, it tasted sweet.

Ronal scrunched up some herbs and put it in another small bowl with warm water in it, you slowly drank it. "You'll feel better soon Ma'Ite." Ronal said as she gave you a kiss on your forehead. Neteyam slept over in your room for the night, he let his parents know beforehand of course.

"Thank you Ma'Teyam for being by my side, and taking care of me." You said as you cuddled your head into the crook of his neck. "Of course mama, I'll always be here." He replied giving you a soft kiss on your nose.

Both of you fell asleep in each other's embrace snoring softly..

Vocabulary:
Ma'Ite ( my daughter)