• Stargazing •

YOU WERE WALKING through the forest at night, you found a spot to lay comfortably on

YOU WERE WALKING through the forest at night, you found a spot to lay comfortably on. You looked up at the sky, looking at the stars. You sighed your mind drifting to Neteyam, you wished you had a chance with him. You'd liked to daydream about him all the time. You never really talked to him that much, the only times you would was when you would hang out with Loak and Neteyam would volunteer to tag along. Other than that you never had the courage to actually start a real conversation with him.

You slowly started drifting off into a deep slumber when your ears perked up at the sound of footsteps not too far from you. You carefully got up pulling out your knife ready to defend yourself at whoever was there, but a wave of relief took over you when you noticed that it was Neteyam. You put your knife away as he approached you.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you like that, I was just taking a walk. I couldn't sleep". He said with his hands up trying to calm the situation down. "Oh sorry, it's alright". You replied calmly. You sat back down, Neteyam copying your movements sitting next to you.

"So what are you doing out here so late?". He asked, you turned to face him heat immediately rising to your cheeks because of how close you two were. "I couldn't sleep either, I wanted to take a look at the stars, especially in this spot, I always get a good view from here". You replied softly, you started picking at your skin trying to calm your nerves down. "That's nice, I like stargazing too. It's so peaceful." Neteyam replied smiling. You couldn't help but admire his face. Taking a look at his features.

He proceeded to do the same, looking at your eyes, nose and lips. You were about speak when he beat you to it. "Y/n, I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now." Your heart started thumping at his words. "I like you y/n, a lot you most likely don't feel the same but I really do. I always get nervous when your around." He looked at you with hope in his eyes, hoping that you would feel the same way. Once he let those words out you couldn't speak, you were in absolute shock from what you just heard.

"I like you too Neteyam, I have for so long, I'm so happy to hear you say those words." You immediately replied with honesty in your voice. His face lit up at your words, he cupped your cheeks in his hands and softly kissed you. Your eyes went wide but soon closed and relaxed, you kissed him back.

Both of you layed on the soft grass in each others embrace looking up the stars.