• Sweet •

I WOKE UP TO the sun hitting my face

I WOKE UP TO the sun hitting my face. I yawned as I stretched, I looked around realizing I was the only one in my family's mauri. It seems that I woke up later than usual. I stood up from my hammock and got a bowl of fruits.

After having some breakfast I decided to take a stroll around the beach before starting my chores. Afterwards I began to do my chores, I had a basket and a fish net in my hands. I was going to hunt for some fish, for the clans feast tonight.

As I was about to call my ilu over I heard a familiar voice calling my name. "Y/n!" I turned around to see who was calling me, a smile made its way to my face when I saw Neteyam, my man.

I slowly stepped out of the water as he made his way towards me. "Nete!" I replied excitedly. "Hey mama, what are you doing?" He asked me as he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"I wash just about to start my chores, I'm going fishing for the clans feast tonight." I responded. "Oh well in that case let me help you ma." He said as he grabbed the basket from my hand.

"No, it's okay Ma'Nete, I'll do it myself. Don't worry." I replied giggling.

"Seriously, I can help you with your chores mama, I feel bad that you have to do everything all by yourself." He replied caressing my cheeks tenderly. "Aww, your so sweet Neteyam, you really don't have to but alright." I replied with a small smile.

Thanks to Neteyam I finished my chores early. "Thank you Ma'Teyam for helping me, you really didn't have to." I said with a small chuckle as we walked on the beach hand in hand.

"I'll do anything for you love." He replied looking down at me with admiration.