I went back to that night.

"Are they staying for two days or two months?" Erin asked as Oakley shut the truck of Erin's SUV.

"You have three of them," Oakley laughed, walking up to her mom standing by the driver's door. "You'll probably need more of something."

"Get some rest," Erin kissed Oakleuy's cheek. "We will see you Saturday."

"Thank you," Oakley smiled, leaning down to look through the window at her babies. "All of you behave and obey Grandma...okay?"

The three nodded, but their shit-eating grins made Oakley nervous. She looked back up as Erin got into the car and drove off. All of them waved out the windows until Oakley couldn't see them anymore.

It was around four-thirty, and Kayce wouldn't be home for another hour or so. Oakley made her way down to the barn area slowly, enjoying the warm sun in the cooler breeze. A few of the wranglers were turning out some new horses John had purchased a week ago. Oakley walked up and leaned against the fence.

"You alright Mrs. Dutton?" Lloyd asked as he rode up next to her.

"Lloyd, please call me Oakley," Oakley laughed. "Mrs. Dutton sounds so old coming from you."

"Sorry, Oaks," Lloyd nodded his head. "Just used to being respectful."

"How are they looking?" Oakley asked, nodding to the horses.

"Seem to be okay," Lloyd nodded. "You wanna go for a ride?"

"On one of them?" Oakley looked a little surprised.

"No, ma'am," Lloyd laughed. "On yours...we can get him saddled in five minutes."

"That'd be great, Lloyd," Oakley smiled. "I think I'm due for a ride."

Five minutes later, Oakley was galloping out toward the pasture.

She rode out to the east side of the ranch, where the border was a river older than the state itself. Oakley slowed her horse down, coming to a stop right at the bank. Breathing in deeply, Oakley smiled. It was genuine and sadly, felt almost foreign to her lips at the moment. She realized inside her chest, she was calm right now. She knew her babies were safe, she knew Kayce would be home when she got back...that's all Oakley needed.

She turned her horse around and rode back to the barns. The winds were still cool enough Oakley's cheeks were tinted pink when she slowed down upon seeing the large, brown Y on the side of the white barn.

She came up and was surprised to see Marcus cleaning out the corral near the back. He still had on that old, gray sweatshirt that was two sizes too big for him.

"Hey," Oakley said as he looked up at her.

Marcus nodded his head but didn't say anything to Oakley. She frowned, remembering what Kayce had said about him not talking much. Oakley got off her horse and walked over to the fence near Marcus.

"Marcus, you're going to have to talk more if you're gonna keep a job here," She smiled at him though. "Why don't you talk much?"

"Nothing to say," Marcus shrugged.

"Everyone has something to say," Oakley cleared her throat. "Where are you from?"

Marcus stopped his rake and looked at Oakley.

"Simple question," Oakley pointed out.

"I don't talk about personal shit," Marcus muttered and then continued his work.

"I'm not asking about your parents or what your favorite color is," Oakley rolled her eyes. "Just physically...where were you born?"

"Salmon," Marcus grunted.