Failure doesn't come from trying.

It was rare for the entire Dutton family to be together at supper. It was even more rare for them all to be in town for supper. But John had mentioned taking everyone in for pizza and Oakley wasn't about to argue when the kids all agreed in mere seconds.

Kayce held open the door for everyone as they rushed inside the pizza joint. Oakley tried to herd the crew over to one of the large tables in the back. Grabbing Evelyn's jacket while the little girl tossed it over her shoulder before sitting down next to Tate. Oakley huffed, pulling the purple fleece away from her face and narrowing her eyes at her daughter.

"Sorry, Momma," Evelyn smiled up at Oakley.

"Okay, everyone good with pepperoni?" Oakley asked as Kayce placed his hand on her back.

"I got it," Kayce mumbled.

"You sure?" Oakley looked at him.

"Yeah...you want a beer?" Kayce asked her.

"Um...yes, thank you," Oakley sat down across from John who was trying to follow whatever story Lee was telling him.

Lee finished and looked at John expectantly. John glanced at Oakley as if to ask for some help. Oakley snickered, reaching into her pocket.

"Lee...here's some quarters, take your sister and see if you can't win her a bear or something," Oakley slid a few coins across to Lee as the twins got up and ran over to the machines they had along the side of the room.

Tate moved seats so he was now next to Oakley who wrapped her arm around his shoulders. Even though Tate was older now, a teenager, Oakley appreciated he'd still let her love on him some. Kayce walked back with three beers in his hands and a stack of cups for the kids.

"Tat, will you?" Kayce asked, handing him the cups.

Tate stood up and went to the soda fountain to get his and the twins drinks. Kayce then took Tate's seat. John's eyes danced back and forth between Oakley and Kayce.

"I think that's the most popular seat in the house," John chuckled toward Oakley.

"What do you mean?" Oakley asked, sipping her beer.

"The only one who hasn't tried to sit there is me," John said.

"Why do you wanna sit here?" Kayce asked, not having seen the kids shuffle around.

Oakley smiled and leaned closer to him, her hand resting on his thigh and making Kayce's attention come to her.

"Thanks," Oakley smiled at him, motioning to the beer.

"Heard you have two new deputies," John looked at Kayce as Oakley leaned back into her seat.

"Yeah," Kayce nodded, drinking his beer. "And three more coming."

"That a full house?" John sipped his beer.

"Will be," Kayce thought. "Enough to get us all on some better shifts...we've been pretty spread thin lately."

"Him in particular," Oakley mumbled.

"It's always like that," John nodded. "Ebbs and flows over the years...kind of exciting though when you get to go to the front lines at times with your men."

Oakley couldn't help but let out a small 'mmph' noise from her lips before she took a sip. Kayce knocked his knee against hers under the table as a warning. John looked at Oakley thoughtfully.

"Then again," John cleared his throat. "I didn't have a wife and pack of wolves at home for the most part."

"You had kids," Oakley pointed out.