Kids, Horses, and Wranglers.

"Think that's everything," Oakley placed the last bag on the wagon.

"Shit, I hope so," Jake said from the top of his horse. "You add more and more things every summer, Oakley."

"Jake," Rip snapped. "Fucking get up there."

Jake took off to the front of the caravan. Oakley giggled as she looked up at Rip who was eyeing the crew beginning to head out. Rip looked down at Oakley.

"Sure you want to wait?" Rip asked.

"I'll come up with Kayce when he gets off work at noon," Oakley smiled. "But watch my kids will you?"

"Always babysitting," Rip mumbled, but Oakley caught his smile.

"Bye, Momma!" Evelyn waved from her seat next to Lloyd on the wagon.

"Bye, baby," Oakley smiled. "Y'all be good and I'll see you this evening."

Tate was on Lucky up near the front. Lee was sitting with Ryan off to the right as they all started their way. Oakley stood there for a while and watched them make their way across the first pasture.

She turned around and walked back up to the house. When she got closer, Beth's car pulled up and stopped, the window rolling down. Oakley held onto her summer dress so it wouldn't blow up in the wind.

"You missed your husband leaving," Oakley told her.

"I fucked him hard this morning," Beth smirked.

"Nice," Oakley gave her a sarcastic smile. "Where are you off to?"

"Town for the day," Beth sighed. "Then back here...when do you and Kayce head up?"

"Whenever he gets off work," Oakley shrugged.

"Wanna come to town with me?" Beth asked. "I can drop you at Kayce's office."

"Um..." Oakley thought for a second.

She had everything packed for both of them. The only thing needed was their horses once Kayce got back here. There was nothing for Oakley to do at the house until then.

"Sure," Oakley smiled, getting into the passenger side. "Thank you."

"So," Beth said after a few minutes. "Any news?"

"On what?" Oakley asked her.

"The shit with Jamie," Beth looked ahead.

"We saw May's dad," Oakley mentioned. "He wasn't very helpful."

"He didn't know anything?" Beth asked.

"Not really," Oakley shrugged. "He has his opinions, but he didn't talk much...said that he didn't vote for John and that Kayce was a shitty Commissioner."

"Thanks to fucking Jamie I bet he did say that," Beth mumbled. "So...back to square one?"

"I don't know," Oakley sighed. "I just wish..."

"What?" Beth asked.

"I wish that we could all just move past this and let it be," Oakley glanced at Beth. "She died...in a very terrible way but what's digging around it going to do but only cause more pain?"

"Unanswered questions can be painful," Beth said.

"I guess you're right," Oakley cleared her throat.

"How are you feeling?" Beth asked after they came into town. "Since the change up with the ranch?"

"I'm better," Oakley nodded.

"Good," Beth sid.

Oakley thought it was best to not bring up the fact that Doyle thought Jamie was responsible, or the fact that Jamie creeped Oakley out with his admission of murdering a journalist years ago. For all Oakley knew, Beth knew about the journalist.