Shave off the unwanted.

"I'm not letting you go by yourself," Oakley said.

"Oakley...get out of the truck, go inside, and find what we need, and I'll be back before you're done checking out," Kayce sighed.

"No," Oakley looked at him like he was ridiculous. "Do you think I'm just gonna let you go to some house Beth found and start asking questions about someone you think was murdered in prison?"

"I ain't asking you again," Kayce snapped.

"I'm. Not. Moving."

"Get out of the fucking truck, Oakley," Kayce said lowly.

"No," Oakley crossed her arms, her seatbelt still on.

Kayce glared at her from across the console.

"I have been married to you for six fucking years," Oakley challenged. "I am not letting you do this by yourself."

"I'm not having you put yourself in danger," Kayce said.

"But it's okay for you to do that?" Oakley asked.

"I'm Livestock Commissioner," Kayce shrugged.

"Right...because being the Livestock Commissioner has never gotten you into dangerous situations," Oakley rolled her eyes.

"Some of those times have been protecting your ass," Kayce said.

"Because of situations you put me in," Oakley eyed him. "Honestly, Kayce...I'm either going with you or we can just sit in this parking lot until the sun goes down."

Kayce clicked his teether before turning off the truck and getting out. Oakley watched him walk to the front of the truck and look at her through the window. She got out, meeting him where he was standing. Kayce started to walk toward the store entrance.

"What're you doing?" Oakley asked.

"Buying these fucking rods so we can get all this shit over with," Kayce snapped out loud, not caring there were other people around them.

Oakley hurried after Kayce into the store. They walked down the fishing aisle until Kayce could look at the rods. Oakley stood next to him as he compared a few of them, a small smile on her lips. Kayce glanced up at Oakley and did a double take when he saw her smile.

"What?" Kayce asked, his voice still irritated.

"Nothing," Oakley kept her smile as she took the light green rod from him.

They found two for the twins and moved on to get a new reel for Kayce and an extra spool of line. Oakley stood next to Kayce as they waited in line. She reached over with her free hand and looped her pinky around Kayce's. He looked down at their hands and then back to facing forward. But Oakley saw a few of his frown lines disappear.

After checking out they were back in the truck, and the coordinates for the address Beth had sent over displayed on the truck's screen.  Kayce drove around a bend and Oakley could see the trees part for the lake off to the right. A few more minutes and Kayce turned left, headed down a dirt road.

There was a cottage back up a small hill. Kayce pulled his truck in front of the driveway and parked it. Oakley looked at the map and saw they were in the correct spot.

"Do you know her father's name?" Oakley asked softly.

Kayce pulled out his phone and looked at the text Beth had sent him.

"Doyle Anderson," Kayce read. "Retired cop from Miles City."

"Cop?" Oakley asked.

"Says he was," Kayce shrugged and put his phone back in his pocket. "Will you please stay here?"