We're gonna change it back.

Oakley shut the dishwasher door back up and grabbed the towel to wipe down the counter. She had just made the kids go upstairs to get ready for school after breakfast. The back door opened and Gator walked inside.

"Morning, Gator," Oakley smiled. "Need help?"

"All good," Gator placed the carton of eggs and two bags down on the counter. "Mr. Dutton said Beth, Rip, and Carter were joining y'all for dinner tonight."

"Jamie and James will be here," Oakley frowned.

"Yeah," Gator pressed his lips into a thin line. "I didn't ask any more questions."

"Scared of him too?" Oakley crossed her arms.

"Ain't everyone?" Gator placed the eggs in the fridge.

"What are you making?" Oakley asked.

"Steak and potatoes," Gator nodded. "Maybe a chocolate cake for dessert."

"Okay, sounds delicious," Oakley sighed. "Maybe make sure Beth's knife is a dull one?"

"I can try," Gator chuckled as Oakley walked out of the kitchen.

"Five-minute warning!" Oakley called upstairs as she slipped on her boots by the front door.

"Hey," Kayce came downstairs. "Can you do Tate too?"

"Uh, sure?" Oakley said as Kayce kissed her cheek while he grabbed his jacket. "Where's the fire?"

"Just got a call," Kayce pulled his jacket on.

"We really need to teach him to drive," Oakley smirked.

"Then do it," Kayce chuckled and placed his hat on his head.

"You're supposed to teach him," Oakley said.

"Why me?" Kayce asked.

"Because..." Oakley shrugged. "It's a dad thing."

"Dad thing?" Kayce opened the front door. "That don't sound like my wife."

Oakley picked up Kayce's keys on the entrance table and held them back when he tried to take them.

"I want Tate to learn from you," Oakley said softly. "I want y'all to have that...moment."

Kayce gave her a loving look.

"You can be a part of those moments, Oaks," Kayce reminded her. "Ain't nothing saying you can't or aren't equal to me with him."

Oakley smiled, handing Kayce his keys but holding his hand.

"I'm not, Kayce," Oakley said.

"Yes, you are?" Kayce's eyes now softened with some confusion.

Footsteps were heard now with the kids coming downstairs. Oakley glanced up before stepping into Kayce and pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

"See you tonight," She said as the twins came around.

Tate was a few seconds later while they all grabbed their coats. Kayce gave Oakley one more look before he left for the day. Twin drop-off went smooth and soon Oakley could see the high school in the distance.

"Why were you and Dad looking weird at each other this morning?" Tate asked.

"I see you're learning to ask those questions when the twins aren't around," Oakley smirked.

"Learned I get answers more when they ain't," Tate smiled.

"I told your dad that you needed to learn to drive and get your license," Oakley said. "I told him I wanted him to do it so the two of you could have that memory."