Part 3

Terwyn slowly but surely grew up in the most powerful dwarf kingdom in Middle Earth, Erebor. At first, the little girl trusted hardly anyone, only Thorin, Dis and Frerin could speak to her or convince her to come and eat with them, or play with other dwarven children. Thror and Thrain kept their eyes fixed tightly on the child at all times and began to notice more and more strange traits about her. Dwarves may have been stubborn and hot-tempered creatures, yet this girl was extremely stubborn and hot-tempered. Thror himself would have sworn that he saw Terwyn's eyes turn red whenever she was in such a rage. The king of course had her locked up in her room when she was in such a mood until she calmed down. This way, Terwyn had fewer and fewer tantrums and learned to control herself a little better, knowing what punishment was hanging over her head each time. 

Terwyn never really seemed impressed by her home Erebor either. Many times Thorin, Dis and Frerin were on a search for Terwyn, who was only too happy to escape from the mountain and then wander around outside. From a young age, Terwyn created a love for weapons and for hunting. While Thorin and Frerin were required to learn to fight as young princes of Erebor, Terwyn often went into the armoury and stole swords or bows and arrows to practise on herself.

Later, she also practised with Frerin as he found her once in the middle of the night training with a sword in the armoury.

"Your feet are in a wrong position." He had told her making her turn around in fear as she hadn't heard the prince come in.

"I...I am sorry." She whispered softly making Frerin laugh.

"Why cause your feet are in the wrong position?" He chuckled.

She looked around in confusion as she didn't get why he thought it was funny.

"I...I am not supposed to be here. Thror will have me locked away if he finds out I am training in the armoury." She softly answered before quickly putting the sword back in place.

"Who said Thror has to find out?" Frerin questioned with a smirk on his face.

It took Terwyn a couple of minutes to examen his face, but once she was sure he wouldn't tell the king anything a smile appeared on her face as well.
"It would be a shame not to train someone with your potential." The prince now said making Terwyn laugh.

"You think I have potential?"

"Of course you do. You're what? Twelve? You lift a training sword we use for children of at least sixteen. You seem like a natural." Frerin told her in admiration.

She glowed as she took the sword in hand again and easily lifted it to point it at the dwarf prince. "At your mark!" She exclaimed.

"Alright, let's take this a little more private soldier." Frerin spoke before grabbing a sword himself and taking Terwyn with him. Since that night the two of them often trained in his room where no one would come to disturb them.

Later he'd also teach her to properly shoot withbow and arrow. From the time she got good with bow and arrow, she would often leave Erebor by herself for a whole day and then return with some rabbits or squirrels or birds she had hunted. All sorts of strange traits that neither Thrain nor Thror could place, but Thorin, Dis and Frerin didn't seem to care. To them, Terwyn was special, she had already travelled half a world and although she could not remember much of this, she could make out great stories. For instance, she told stories about the elves with their green food or about the giant trees of the Green Forest she climbed. She always had something to tell for those who would listen.

Secretly, Terwyn dreamed more and more of going on an adventure again, to see the elves and in doing so possibly learning more about where she came from. She wanted to see the elf prince of the Green Forest again and climb the trees once more where she felt big and strong. She could see all too well that Thror and Thrain were always watching her closely, condemning her at every misstep. She knew she was not one of the king's children, but what had she done to them anyway? Years passed and the question playing in her mind slowly faded away, but was never resolved. Terwyn seemed to accept her place and served her king as best she could. No longer hoping for a way out, she no longer wanted to leave Erebor, where would she go? Surely those elves didn't want to see her again? She had Thorin, Dis and Frerin here who cared about her, what more could she wish for?