ONE

On the twenty-fifth floor of a high-rise corporate building in the bustling city of Mumbai sat two men face to face in a conference room

At the head of the table was Zafar Shah Abrar, a strikingly handsome and commanding figure. On the opposite end of the table sat Karim Shaaf Khan. At 50, he was an esteemed businessman of the country. Tension filled the room as the two men battled for dominance.

Zafar leaned forward, his dark gaze fixed on Karim. "Mr Khan, I respect your success in this industry, but let's be clear. When it comes to securing this tender, there's no competition. My company has consistently outperformed the competition."

Karim, visibly unnerved, straightened his tie, attempting to regain his composure. "Zafar, your achievements may be notable, but let's not forget the reputation my company has built over the years. We have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results."

Zafar smirked. "Oh, I'm aware of your reputation, Mr. Khan. But let's not confuse reputation with dominance. While your company may have had its moments, it overshadows in comparison to the unwavering success my company has achieved."

He walked around the room, stalking like a predator, circling Karim. "You see, success isn't measured by occasional victories or temporary glory. It's about consistent excellence, delivering results time and again. And that's where your company falls short."

Karim shifted uncomfortably in his seat, his confidence wavering under Zafar's imposing presence. "We've faced challenges and emerged stronger. Our client testimonials speak for themselves."

"Testimonials?" Zafar mocked. "Is that what you're relying on, Mr. Khan? Let me tell you, I have a dossier of case studies showcasing the multitude of clients who have chosen my company over yours. Their success stories are a testament to my unwavering dominance in this industry."

"I thrive on competition and welcome your attempt to challenge me for this tender. But rest assured, when the dust settles, it will be my name etched on that contract." Zafar said, dangerously calm.

Karim, his composure crumbling, took a deep breath, realizing the magnitude of the challenge before him.

"Zafar, you may have a formidable presence, but don't underestimate my determination. Without a fight, I won't let this tender slip through my fingers."

Zafar smirked a glint of admiration in his eyes. "I expect nothing less, Mr. Khan. The battle will be fierce, but the victor will be clear when all is said and done."

The room fell into an intense silence, each man locked in a silent contest of dominance, their unwavering gazes clashing.

"Sir," A man in his late twenties entered the room. "Maa sahib has called three times. We need to leave."

Zafar nodded at his secretary, Rudra. He closed the buttons of his suit and gave one final look to Karim before padding out of the room. His confident strides matched his all-black tailored suit, perfectly accentuating his muscular physique. His black jet hair was impeccably styled.