TWENTY SIX

Zafar watched Madiha sitting in front of the dresser in a bathrobe, blow-drying her hair

Zafar watched Madiha sitting in front of the dresser in a bathrobe, blow-drying her hair. She had not spoken a word since last night apart from informing him that she'd be going to meet Ziya.

Rudra's incoming call on his phone distracted him. Zafar knew he was calling him for a meeting he had in less than half-an-hour. But his wife was still getting ready, and there was no way he was leaving the suite without her. So he texted Rudra to push the meeting by two hours.

Madiha finished setting her hair and makeup before shrugging the robe off her body. Zafar's cock twitched at the sight of her standing in front of the closet in just a pair of blue lingerie. She pulled out a black dress with tiny flower prints over it and slipped in it.

As she wore her sandals, he stood up while buttoning his blazer button. They wordlessly made their way down in the lift. A car and Rudra met them at the front.

Zafar held the car door open for Madiha.

"I don't want to go with you." She folded her arms.

"Dia," He pleaded, "let me drop you. The office is on the way to Ziya's home." It wasn't! But she didn't need to know that.

She narrowed her eyes at him, huffing in anger. He replied with an expression that lowkey resembled a puppy face. Meanwhile, Rudra just stood there, amused, watching his boss at the mercy of his wife.

Madiha stomped her feet before getting in the car. That made Zafar release a sigh of relief. He shut the door after her before marching to the other side.

The ride was spent in silence. When they reached Ziya's place, she wasted no time in jumping out of the car. Zafar shook his head at her childish behavior before cracking a small smile.

"Keep a car waiting for her."

Rudra nodded before getting his phone out. The car drove off.

________________________

"Oh my God!" Ziya screamed before jumping on Madiha. "What are you doing here?"

Both the girls broke the bone-crushing hug.

"I wanted to surprise you." Madiha winked.

Ziya awed. "I know that's not true, but I will pretend to believe you."

Madiha laughed before looking around the living room. It was half filled with a few carton boxes lined on one corner.

"The place looks good."

"Yeah, Zafar bhai really chose the best!" Ziya nodded, "Come, I will show you the rest."

The girls enjoyed each other's company all day, chatting and laughing. Around 7 in the evening, Zafar joined them and suggested dinner, which Ziya quickly accepted. He took them to Mabruk, and the girls were enamored with the food.

"You sure you don't wanna come with us?" Madiha asked, standing at the front of the restaurant.

Ziya nodded. "I want to get used to my new place."

"Okay! Take care, and I will see you again before we leave for home." They hugged each other. Zafar ruffled his sister's hair before helping her get into the car with Rudra, who was dropping her back.

The couple got into another car, which Zafar was driving.

"Dia?" He asked a few minutes later, "Will you still not talk to me?"

She glared at him. "You didn't talk to me for weeks, I am sure I can be allowed a few days."

He helplessly sighed.

"Stop the car." She commanded a while later.

"Why?" He asked, slowing down.

"Stop!" She urged, "I want baraf ka gola." He looked in the direction her eyes were fixated on. A young guy with a small gola cart was standing on the footpath.

He pulled the brakes. "Are you sure this is hygienic? We can order it from somewhere else.."

Before he finished, she was already out of the car. He let out a groan before parking the car on the road properly and rushing after his woman. She was already relishing her red-colored gola.

"Is it good?" He asked, taking out his wallet to pay.

She nodded, looking adorable with her lips turned red.

"Do you want to try?" She offered.

He shook his head in no. She shrugged. But before she brought it to her mouth, he leaned in to join their lips. Her eyes widened as he smoothly swept his tongue on her mouth.

"Good, indeed." His voice husky as he backed off.

She stared at her in disbelief before looking around to make sure no one saw them.

"It's melting!" He pointed at the gola in her hand, "Suck on it like a good girl you are!" His expressions were notorious.

She gasped before checking their surroundings again.

"I am leaving!" She turned to march back to the car, but she couldn't hide the subtle blush decorating her cheeks from him. He followed her, laughing.

The ride back to their hotel was quiet, filled only with the muffled sounds of the city outside. She stared out of the window, trying to mask the faint smile tugging at her lips despite her frustration. He, on the other hand, attempted to break the silence several times, but each attempt was met with quietness that made him chuckle to himself.

As they reached the hotel, she didn't wait for him to open the car door. She stepped out, slamming it shut with more force than necessary. He hurried after her, catching up just as she reached their suite.

She did her night routine in silence, and he let her. Finally, when they both got under the covers, he dragged her to him.

"Let go!" She warned him, trying her best to nudge him away. But he tightened his grip more.

"I let you sleep away from me yesterday, but that was it. You can stay mad at me for as long as you want, but you're not sleeping away from me."

"What makes you think I will listen to you?" She huffed, slowly giving up the resistance.

"Because you want to." He started softly drawing circles on her waist. "We can fight, but still sleep in each other's arms."

She knew it was a lost battle, given how good it felt to have his body pressed against hers. So she sighed and closed her eyes.

After all, they could be angry but still sleep in each other's arms.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

125 votes, 50 comments!

Also, I got my summer internship in a really nice agency! I am soo happy!!