TWELVE

Madiha couldn't wait for Zafar to come home that evening

Madiha couldn't wait for Zafar to come home that evening. The things that he said he'd do to her in his office was playing in her mind all on repeat. Even though they had been having sex every night since their wedding, sometimes even during days, the thrill to do it again never lessened.

Zafar finally arrived at 8 in the night and everyone sat to eat dinner together. Madiha was half-way through her meal when she felt a subtle cramp hit her lower abdomen. Shit! She cursed in her mind. This can't be happening right now.

She kept her spoon aside and picked up her phone to check her period tracker app. And true to her fear, her next menstrual cycle was due to start tomorrow. Shit. Shit. Shit.

After dinner was over, she excused herself and rushed back to her room. First, she checked her closet to see if she even had any sanitary pads. And she did not. She had not packed any in her luggage thinking she'd buy a new packet, which felt like a stupid decision now. But hey, in her defense, her luggage was already overflowing with her clothes and makeup.

Then she made a beeline towards the washroom to check if she had started with her periods already, or was it just the cramps making an appearance. Thankfully, it was just the cramps. But knowing her body, she knew it would not take more than a couple of hours for her blood flow to start. She just prayed it didn't happen in the middle of the night.

When she walked back into the room, Zafar was already present there. Upon seeing his wife, he wasted no time in gathering her in his arms and kissing her. He had been turned on all evening, and he couldn't wait any longer to have his way with her.

"Zafar," She tried speaking between the kiss, but it came out as a moan. His kisses never failed to make her weak on her knees.

She put both her palms on his chest and tried again. "Zafar."

Sensing her resistance, he pulled back. "Is something wrong?"

"No," She hesitated, "I just want to sleep today."

He frowned. She had never wanted to just sleep. Something was definitely wrong. "Are you ill?" He asked, checking the temperature on her forehead.

"No, just tired." She smiled at his concern.

He looked unsure, but nodded nonetheless. "Okay, let's sleep."

He picked her up in bridal style and carried her to the bed. Putting her on her side, he covered her body with the comforter. Then he walked over to his side, turned off the lights and got in. He opened his arms for her, and she scooted right into them. This was the first time after their marriage that they were going to bed without any naughty workout session.

"I am sorry." She said, grazing his sharp jaw.

He opened his eyes and stared back at her. "For what?"

"For just sleeping." She pouted. "I know you had things planned for us."

He leaned in to peck her pout. "You have nothing to apologize about. We have a lifetime to do things that I had planned."

She smiled and shut her eyes. His warm embrace lulled her to sleep in no time.

But her slumber was broken by a very painful cramp spreading across her lower abdomen to her lower back. She groaned softly, and looked sideways, only to find Zafar fast asleep. She checked her phone. The time was 1:28 AM. Another cramp hit her. She threw away the blanket, thankful about the fact that Zafar was not holding her. Shaking off his grip was not an easy task. After getting off the bed, the first thing she did was check the white bedsheet. Thankfully she had not stained it. Though the same could not be said about her panties. Her heart sank when she found red smeared on her yellow colored cloth. She walked around in the huge washroom, trying to think what she was supposed to do now. Morning was still several hours away, she couldn't stay without a pad till then.

Having no other option, she decided to wake up Zafar.

Seeing his serene sleeping face, she felt bad about ruining that peace. But there was no other choice she had. So she shook him gently. He frowned, but did not wake up.

"Zafar." She shook him again. "Wake up."

His frown deepened, and two seconds later, he fluttered his eyes open. "Madiha..? What-what happened?" He jumped up. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," She nodded. "But umm.."

"What?" He threw the blanket away and stood up.

"I actually got my periods." She bit her lip. "And I don't have pads. So can we go find a 24 hour pharmacy or something?"

He blankly looked at her, blinking rapidly to get rid of his sleep and decipher what she said.

"I am sorry for waking you up like this. I should have planned better, but it just completely slipped off my mind."

"Right." He rubbed his face. "Periods..pharmacy. Let me just grab my car keys and wallet."

She watched him pick up the things from his nightstand. Then he padded towards the bathroom. "Just a minute."

He came out a minute later, his face looked more awake. Some of his front hair was wet which told her he must have washed his face.

"Let's go." He told her.

They walked as silently as they could, reached the garage and got inside his car.

"Are you doing okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just some more painful cramps than usual."

They reached the 24 hour pharmacy that was thankfully not very far from their home. She got two large packets of her favorite brand, and a lot of chocolates.

They reached back home. "You go to the room, I'll be there in a few minutes." He told her when they reached the stairs.

She just nodded instead of asking why because she was in a rush to take care of the situation. She brought two pads out of the packet. She then picked out her most comfortable pair of pajamas. For the top, she wandered over to Zafar's section and pulled out a white hoodie.

In the washroom, she took off all her clothes, took a quick shower, put on a new pair of panties with the pads stuck to it and then the clothes. She didn't bother with a bra. Her cramps were killing her and she just wanted every comfort in the world.

In the room, Zafar was waiting for her. She gave him a small smile before her eyes went to the stuff kept on bed: a cup of tea, hot water bag and the chocolates she'd gotten.

"I read that chamomile tea helps with cramps." He scratched his hair as she smelled the hot liquid. "And I've seen Ziya use that hot water bag during periods, so I thought.."

Maybe it was his sweet gesture, so her period hormones, but she started shedding tears.

He panicked. "What happened now? Is it hurting too much?"

"No," She sniffled, "It's just..you're so cute."

That made his frown. "I don't see how that fact can make someone cry?"

She chuckled while wiping away the wetness from her cheeks. Then she raised on her toes to kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

She drank her tea with the hot bag placed on her abdomen. That really helped with the pain. Then she ate a bar of chocolate. As her well-being improved, sleep beckoned. She experimented with various positions, searching for the ideal one until she discovered it, lying atop her husband. She draped herself over him, and he willingly accepted her choice. Though it wasn't the most comfortable sleeping arrangement- especially with her soft, bra-free breasts pressing against his chest- he prioritized her comfort above his own, as his life's purpose revolved around ensuring her ease, even if it meant experiencing discomfort himself.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

No sex for Zafar, and no smut for you.