TWENTY THREE

Madiha woke up to the sound of the shower running

Madiha woke up to the sound of the shower running. Muffling a huge yawn, she sat up on the bed. She had not slept very well, and the reason was her husband. Ever since the day he got her pizza a week ago, he had been coming home late and leaving for work early. The only way she knew he was even coming home was his bed's crumbled side.

She threw her blanket away and got to her feet. Then as she took steps towards the bathroom, she took off her clothes and threw them on the floor. Pushing the bathroom door open, she stared at the muscular back of Zafar as he stood under the shower.

Her steps were quiet, so Zafar didn't realize her presence till she placed her soft arms around his waist. He stilled as he felt her naked breasts squeeze against his back.

"When did you come back last night?" She whispered, caressing his abs.

"Late." He turned the shower off before trying to get out of her hold.

She frowned as he removed her arms from around him and turned to face her.

"Are you seriously not going to tell me what's bothering you?" She saw him open his mouth but cut him off immediately, "And don't say work because both of us know that's not true."

He sighed, looking away. So she cupped his chin and made him stare into her eyes. "Zafar, I miss you. I miss us." Her tone was almost desperate. "So tell me, please."

He saw the sadness shining on her face and felt a knife carving into his heart. She was upset, and he was the reason. He had never felt such weird pain before. And that made him almost speak out the reason for his aloofness. But before he could speak a word, she was kissing him. On her toes, she was grabbing his neck and smothering their lips together.

His body had already been craving hers for so many days now. And her rough kiss was not helping. His dick was rock-hard within seconds and was poking her inner thighs. She adjusted her position so it could come in direct contact with her core and grinded against him.

"Fuck, Madiha!" He groaned, and kissed her back harder. The tip was rubbing her wet core. The warmth that she was radiating was driving him insane.

"Touch me, Zafar." She begged.

And he did. His fingers slipped between her folds, teasing her clit. "So wet."

She hummed in pleasure. His thumb and forefinger parted the vertical lips and he slipped his middle finger inside. She gasped at the sensation and parted her legs some more.

"How are you always so ready to take me in?" He whispered in her ear.

In reply, she just let out small moans.

Another finger went in. He gained some speed.

"Zaf..ar..go harder, please!" She begged.

He did. And while doing that, he took his sweet time noticing her. Her parted legs were trembling, her hands were wrapped around him for support, her small mouth was making beautiful sounds, her breathing was uneven, and her eyes were rolled back in ecstasy. He could tell she was close, so he started to fold his fingers inside her. She let out a loud cry as the orgasm hit her, grabbing onto his shoulders harder to prevent herself from falling.

And it was then that he decided he was over his dread of losing her. He would not be afraid of Zahid or anyone else. Nobody could take her away from him; he wouldn't let them. And it didn't matter to him if he was the best man for her or not. If he weren't, he would become the one. No one deserved to take her away from him. No one deserved her gleaming eyes and orgasmic expression. They belonged to him. She belonged to him.

"As much as I would love to fuck you against this glass wall, I have to leave for Mumbai." He pressed a kiss on her neck.

She groaned like a child complaining, and it made him smile. A first after several days.

"I am letting you go just because it is for Ziya." She said in her raspy voice.

He pressed a soft kiss on her lips. Madiha wanted to go with them as well, but Almaas was slightly under the weather, so she was staying back.

They took a quick shower together. She picked up a pair of washed off jeans and plain mustard yellow shirt for him.

"Don't intimidate Ziya with tons of instructions." She warned him while getting dressed herself.

"I just want her protected." He argued.

"I know," She smiled, "but she'd already be overwhelmed with moving alone, don't add to it."

He sighed. "Fine."

Breakfast followed normally, minus the last minute fretting Almaas did. As the servants loaded all of Ziya's stuff in the car, the entire family stood at the porch.

"Don't skip meals." Almaas warned Ziya while hugging her. "And no living off cup noodles."

"You've said that almost a hundred times now, Maa Sahib." Ziya huffed.

"And I still know you won't listen to me." Almaas shook her head in frustration.

Ziya smiled cheekily before turning towards Madiha. Both the women cuddled up in a warm hug.

"Have fun, but also take care of yourself." Madiha said.

"Hmm," Ziya nodded and whispered, "and you sort out whatever is wrong between you and bhai."

Madiha frowned, making Ziya roll her eyes.

"I have obviously noticed something has been off since a few days. Sort it. When I see you again, I want to see you both being completely lovesick."

They both laughed. Madiha wanted the same thing, and they may have made some headway today. But she wasn't about to forget the last several days. She was going to confront Zafar about his aloof behavior when he returned from dropping Ziya off.

"We should leave." Zafar said from behind.

Ziya nodded before looking at Zahid.

"Take care." He came forward to hug her, but she stepped back.

"You too." She replied and turned to get in the car. Zafar looked at his mother and wife, who were standing together. "I will be back by tomorrow."

Then with a final wave, the cars were driving off.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

I updated the next chapter because a lot of you were waiting. But this is the only time. I need the targets met for the upload of next chapter.

Guys, come on, it only takes a second to vote.

120 votes and 30 comments for the next one!