⋆3~The invader⋆

Two days had slipped by since the grand matrimonial affair, and in that time, Yashwardhan, the newlywed Maharaja, hadn't even spared a glance in Aarna's direction, let alone exchanged a word

Two days had slipped by since the grand matrimonial affair, and in that time, Yashwardhan, the newlywed Maharaja, hadn't even spared a glance in Aarna's direction, let alone exchanged a word. It left Aarna feeling increasingly frustrated, desperate to communicate her earnest desire for a child.

Every attempt at initiating a conversation to broach the topic had been thwarted. Yashwardhan vanished early in the morning, returning only after Aarna had succumbed to sleep. The sheer absence of connection left her seething with anger, yet her position as queen restrained any impulsive actions.

However, determined not to yield to her silent suffering, Aarna resolved to address the issue with Yashwardhan's mother. If the Rajmata intervened, surely Yashwardhan would be compelled to acknowledge her presence.

Clad in an opulent lehnga adorned with an array of diamonds and golden embroidery, Aarna, accompanied by her retinue of maids, traversed the grand corridors of the palatial abode. The palace itself was an architectural marvel-its opulence accentuated by statues crafted from glistening gold, each strategically positioned at intervals along the corridor. Sunlight danced through lengthy purple curtains, embellishing the path with a regal hue.

Arriving at the entrance of the Rajmata's chambers, Aarna politely instructed the guard "can you please inform Rajmata that I am here to meet her?" to relay her request and it was all fake politeness. After a brief wait, the soldier returned with the welcome news that the Rajmata had summoned her.

"Pranaam, Mata," Aarna humbly greeted, joining her hands in respect as she approached the Rajmata "aao putri betho" Rajmata welcomed her warmly, guiding her to an opulent sofa akin to a lavish bed. Positioned at its edge, two maids fanned the duo, creating an aura of regal indulgence.

{Hello, mother}
{Come sit, daughter}

In an elaborate display of theatricality, Aarna initiated her act, donning a façade of sadness, gazing forlornly at her hands, and feigning tears as she addressed the Rajmata, "Mother, Maharaja seems to be neglecting me. Am I not worthy of his attention?"

Rajmata, her maternal instincts activated, swiftly responded, "Oh, my dear daughter, it's not as it seems. Yashwardhan is simply preoccupied... with the weight of his responsibilities. I'll have a word with him on your behalf."

With a hint of trepidation, Aarna countered, "But what if he becomes angry with me for sharing these concerns with you?" The underlying fear wasn't entirely feigned-Aarna harbored genuine apprehensions about arousing Yashwardhan's ire. After all, crossing paths with the almighty Yashwardhan Rao was a daunting prospect; their intentions, if uncovered, could incur his formidable wrath.

Rajmata, projecting maternal protectiveness, assured Aarna, "Let him try to be angry with you! If he does, I'll show him a thing or two!" A reassuring smile followed her declaration.

She smiled at her and squeezed her hand "don't worry. He will be yours once he gets attracted to you"

The notion of attachment proposed by the Rajmata was met with inner resistance from Aarna. She had no desire for such an emotional connection, particularly one engineered under these circumstances.