⋆24~Unfulfilled Love⋆

The sun had barely risen when Yashwardhan ji departed for his daily endeavors, leaving me with precious moments to scour every nook and cranny of our chamber in pursuit of that elusive book

The sun had barely risen when Yashwardhan ji departed for his daily endeavors, leaving me with precious moments to scour every nook and cranny of our chamber in pursuit of that elusive book. It had become an obsession, consuming my thoughts and driving me to probe every corner in search of its hidden sanctuary. Yet, despite my fervent efforts, nearly an hour had slipped by, and the book remained frustratingly elusive.

"He must have safeguarded it well, beyond my reach," I muttered with a mixture of determination and exasperation.

My first encounter with the mysterious tome had been unsettling. The very sight of it sent a chill down my spine, its very name a harbinger of mystery and intrigue. Opening its pages revealed intricate Sanskrit texts that were beyond my comprehension, yet the accompanying symbols and diagrams seemed to convey a hidden wisdom, teasing my understanding.

Despite my efforts, the purpose of the book remained a tantalizing mystery. Through my own observations and gathered knowledge, I had discerned a compelling link between the book and the ornate mirror, where I found it. The book's placement was deliberate; its presence concealed from prying eyes but was found only by me.

My contemplations were interrupted by a haunting memory-the inexplicable exchange of my soul through the mirror's surface. The startling event was spurred by the bangles encircling my wrists, artifacts that seemed to hold a forgotten power.

"Bangles, mirror, book...," I said to myself, drawing connections in the silence. "There's a connection, a narrative woven through time."

The absurdity of my predicament did not escape me. Trapped in the 9th century with unfathomable occurrences, reality had become a malleable concept. Despite the strangeness, a thread of understanding began to form-a delicate realization that pointed toward the convergence of these artifacts and the shadowy figure that lurked beyond the mirror's reflection. It might be possible because I felt someone pulling me.

The insurmountable barrier of the Sanskrit text was not without remedy. While my understanding faltered, there were those within my reach whose knowledge surpassed my own-the maids, among them, Poonam, a trusted confidante and loyal subject. I'll ask her to translate it for me.

In my pursuit of unraveling the enigmatic book's secrets lay the essential task of locating it. I was convinced that Yashwardhan ji, with his astuteness, had grasped the book's significance and its potential powers.

My fascination with the book stemmed from the fact that I had discovered it positioned before the mirror, a subtle suggestion that its purpose was intertwined with my destiny. If even a fraction of hope existed that this tome held the ability to transport me back to my time, then I was compelled to retrieve it at any cost.

The necessity to distance myself from Yashwardhan ji loomed ominously before me. Although difficult, it was imperative to my quest. Whenever he drew near, an inexplicable force seemed to pull me toward him, tempting me with forbidden desires. His touch stirred conflicting emotions within me, eliciting a warmth that I struggled to suppress.