⋆21~Deception Unveiled⋆

As we entered Rajmata's chamber, a heavy atmosphere hung in the air, laden with tension and sorrow

As we entered Rajmata's chamber, a heavy atmosphere hung in the air, laden with tension and sorrow. My heart ached at the sight of her sitting on a chair, her expression etched with sadness. Guilt gnawed at me, knowing that I was the cause of her pain.

"Mother," Yashwardhan ji's voice broke the silence, drawing Rajmata's attention. Her gaze shifted from him to me, her eyes flashing with anger. It was a relief in a way, knowing that her ire was directed at me and not at Yashwardhan ji.

Seating himself on the floor before her, Yashwardhan ji took her hand in his, his eyes searching hers with a mixture of love and sorrow. Tears welled up in both their eyes, and my own vision blurred as I watched their emotional exchange.

"I am sorry, mother. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that. I am deeply sorry," Yashwardhan ji's voice trembled with emotion as he apologized, his sincerity evident in every word.

Rajmata's expression softened slightly, but the pain in her voice was palpable. "No, Yashwardhan, you took her side instead of mine. You chose to defend her rather than believe in my words," she lamented, her voice thick with anguish.

"Mother, please try to understand. Aarna truly doesn't remember anything from her past, and she is not involved in any schemes against us. She loves me sincerely, and I believe in her," Yashwardhan ji pleaded, his voice filled with desperation.

A tear escaped my eye as I listened to him defend me, unaware that I was not his true wife. His unwavering faith in me filled me with a sense of awe and guilt, knowing that I was deceiving him with every passing moment.

Rajmata shook her head in disbelief, her resolve faltering as she struggled to come to terms with the situation. With a deep breath, she turned her gaze towards me, her eyes burning with accusation as she stood up and walked towards me.

"I know you are playing games," she spat the words at me, her tone laced with contempt. I flinched under her scrutiny, feeling the weight of her disdain like a physical blow.

"Mother," Yashwardhan ji rose to his feet, his hand reaching out to hers in a gesture of reconciliation. "As much as you are important to me, Aarna is equally important. Please, I don't want this rift between you two," he implored, his voice pleading for understanding.

But Rajmata remained unmoved, her distrust evident in every line of her face. "I don't believe her, not even a little bit," she declared, yanking her hand away from his grasp.

The tension in the room was palpable, the air heavy with unspoken accusations and bitter resentment. My heart ached at the rift that had formed between Yashwardhan ji and his mother, knowing that I was the cause of their pain.

Rajmata fixed her gaze upon me, and I braced myself for whatever she was about to say.

"Do you love Yashwardhan?" she inquired, posing the most daunting question imaginable. The truth, however, was a bitter pill I couldn't afford to swallow. Though in my heart of hearts, I knew the answer was a resounding no, I couldn't bear to disappoint Yashwardhan ji, who believed wholeheartedly that I was his beloved wife.