⋆26~Enchanted Encounter⋆

In the bustling kitchen, I meticulously prepared a plate of nourishing food for Rajmata, ensuring every bite was filled with the goodness she needed for her health

In the bustling kitchen, I meticulously prepared a plate of nourishing food for Rajmata, ensuring every bite was filled with the goodness she needed for her health. The clatter of pots and pans filled the air as I worked diligently, my focus solely on the task at hand.

"Priy ji?"

The sound of his voice sent my heart into a frenzy. I turned to find him standing there, a gentle smile gracing his lips. My gaze involuntarily drifted to his lips, memories of last night flooding my mind, causing my cheeks to flush crimson. I quickly turned back to my work, attempting to compose myself. "Yes?" I responded, trying to keep my voice steady as I concentrated on the food.

I felt his strong arms encircle my waist, and a sharp intake of breath escaped my lips as his chin rested on my shoulder. "Thank you for taking care of my mother," he murmured softly.

"She is my mother too," that slipped from my mouth before I could stop it. The warmth of his embrace sending a shiver down my spine. He kissed my cheek playfully, teasing, "So, are you ready to marry me?"

Turning to face him, I placed my palms on his chest, attempting to regain my composure. "I am considering it," I lied, unable to meet his gaze as I struggled to control the turmoil within me.

His expression faltered for a moment, his eyes searching mine for any hint of sincerity. "What?" I questioned, my heart racing as I awaited his response.

"You said you are considering marrying me. Does that mean you accept me?" he asked, his voice tinged with hope and vulnerability. My heart shattered at the raw emotion in his eyes.

With a forced smile, I nodded. "I do," I whispered, my voice barely audible. Tears welled up in his eyes as he enveloped me in a tight embrace, his lips seeking mine in a passionate kiss. I closed my eyes, allowing myself to get lost in the moment.

Breaking the kiss, he gazed at me with overwhelming happiness. "You have no idea how much this means to me, Aarna," he declared, lifting me effortlessly into his arms and spinning me around.

I laughed, the sound echoing through the kitchen as he set me down gently. "Let me get back to work now," I chuckled, attempting to regain some semblance of normalcy. He pouted playfully, his adorable expression tugging at my heartstrings.

"Yesterday, you said you would stay in my mother's chamber for a few days, and I agreed. But now, I regret it," he confessed, nuzzling his face into my neck. "How will I sleep without you by my side?"

My heart ached at his words, my own eyes welling up with tears. I rubbed his arm soothingly, promising, "It's only temporary. Once your mother is better, I'll come back to you." He hugged me tighter, and I returned the embrace, savoring the warmth of his embrace.

"I know you have a family in your century, but to me, you are my family now," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion. "If you leave, I'll be hollow inside. You're my everything, Aarna."