⋆7~Do not fall in love⋆

I glanced around the chamber, stunned by its immense size, enough to accommodate my entire house

I glanced around the chamber, stunned by its immense size, enough to accommodate my entire house. My parents must be frantic with worry about my sudden disappearance.

A thought struck me. If my soul was here, in this century, could that mean Yashwardhan Rao's wife is in the 21st century? It sounded plausible.

The memory of Yashwardhan's words flooded my mind, causing my face to flush crimson. It took me several moments to regain composure. I half-expected him to lean in for a kiss, but he didn't. I was an idiot for thinking such things.

I've stopped crying, realizing it won't solve my predicament. What have I gotten myself into? I'm sad, frustrated, and... a wife. Well, not really his wife, just inhabiting her body. He doesn't know that. He believes I'm his wife, and now he's in love. What am I supposed to do? Should I tell him about the soul exchange?

But if I do, he might think I'm foolish, especially when he already believes I've lost my memories. But one thing's confusing me: he claims it's only been two days since their marriage, and he wasn't in love before, but now suddenly he is? How does that even work? Was he perhaps drunk when he said that?

No, that doesn't seem likely. He was kind and considerate. I wonder how old he is?

The door creaked open, and Yashwardhan entered, flashing a heart-melting smile. My heart fluttered, and my stomach felt heavy. Was I getting butterflies because of a smile? And over a married man? No, No, No, stop thinking nonsense, Aarna.

He stepped closer with that dazzling smile of his, and my heart skipped a beat. What on earth is happening to me?! I've never reacted this way before.

As he sat in front of me, I couldn't help but stare at his face. His expression shifted into a frown, which just looked wrong on that beautiful face of his.

His hand tentatively reached out and touched my right cheek with the back of his fingers, sending a wave of relaxation through me. I closed my eyes, basking in the sensation of his thumb grazing my cheek and his hand cupping my face. When I opened my eyes, they locked with his, and I felt hypnotized by his intense gaze, especially those brown eyes of his.

His eyes found my lips and he stared at them for a few seconds before looking back into my eyes.

"You're blushing, love," he whispered, and suddenly I snapped out of my trance, quickly jerking my head away. His hand withdrew from my cheek, and he flashed a smile before looking down between us.

This was so wrong! I needed to stop him from getting too close. Sure, I am his--he thinks I'm his wife, but I'm not. I can't encroach on someone else's husband. This is just not right.

"Hum aapke liye bhojan leke aae hain, priy" he said, pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked down and my eyes widened in anticipation, and my mouth started watering.

{I've brought some food for you, love}

The plate was huge, almost looked like it was made of gold. It had four bowls filled with various vegetables, rotis, rice, and some sweets - and I absolutely adore sweets.