⋆22~Fiery Desire Unleashed⋆

As I settled into the cushioned comfort of my seat in the discussion chamber, my thoughts raced like a chariot thundering through a storm

As I settled into the cushioned comfort of my seat in the discussion chamber, my thoughts raced like a chariot thundering through a storm. How had everything unfolded so swiftly, and, more perplexingly, why? Why did it happen? Why did her soul get exchanged?. My mind was a tempest of questions, each lightning bolt striking with the force of my bewilderment.

Then came the thunderous voice of my mother, piercing the tempest with her bitter inquiry, "Now!? Now, what will you do?" Her presence had loomed large in the chamber for the past two minutes, a tempest of her own, railing against my unwavering defense of Aarna. But it was this question, with its biting edge, that cut deepest.

I swiveled in my chair to meet her gaze, her eyes ablaze with the fire of her frustration, demanding an answer she already anticipated. "She is my wife, and whatever she has done, she has done for a reason. I trust her," I replied, the words carrying the weight of my conviction.

My mother's eyes widened, brows knitting together in a tapestry of confusion. "What are you even saying!? Have you lost your senses, Yashwardhan!?" Her words were a tempest, whipping through the chamber with ferocious intensity.

Oh, obviously I have because I am in love with Aarna. But I can't say it out loud, knowing all too well the storm of reaction that would follow from my mother.

"Mother," I rose from my seat, crossing the chamber to where she stood. Taking her hand in mine, I sought to reassure her, to calm the tempest raging within her soul. "I am a king, and I do not speak without reason. Trust in me," I implored, my words a beacon of hope amidst the storm.

But she shook her head, withdrawing her hand from my grasp with a force that echoed through the chamber. "You understand nothing, my child. She will make you miserable, mark my words!" With that, she stormed out of the chamber, leaving behind a tempest of her own making.

Miserable. The word hung in the air like a dense fog, obscuring the path ahead. Even Gurudev, in his wisdom, had whispered of such misfortune, a harbinger of storms yet to come. But I brushed aside his warnings, just as I would brush aside my mother's dire prophecy.

For Aarna was not a tempest of misfortune; she was the gentle breeze that stirred my soul, the calm amidst the chaos of my life. I had never known love before her, and now that I did, I could not fathom a life without her. She was my anchor in the storm, my guiding star in the darkest of nights.

With a smile etched upon my lips, I made my way to our chamber, where Aarna awaited. For in her embrace, amidst the tempest of uncertainty, I found solace, and in her arms, I found my home.

As I stepped into our chamber, a smile graced my lips, a beacon of warmth amidst the shadows that clouded the room. "Love?" I called out, my voice a gentle melody echoing off the walls. Yet, as my eyes met hers, I saw fear flicker within their depths, a tempest raging beneath the surface. It was a sight I couldn't bear.

With determined strides, I approached her, a silhouette in the dimly lit room. Like a guardian, I lifted her with the ease of a parent lifting a child, cradling her delicately in my arms before laying her upon the bed, nestled amongst a mountain of pillows.