The House of Emrys

Welcome to the Family Jewels

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 1:05

The Family Jewels • MARINA

Evangeline Emrys

The House of Emrys has long been called 'blood traitors' due to my predecessor, Merlin Emrys. He founded what he called "The Order of Merlin" which was an organization protecting muggle rights.

Yet we stand as one of the most pure families. How funny isn't it? What hypocrites the House of Emrys is. For generations upon generations our pureblood has not been stained.

Merlin Emrys, they say he lived to be one of the greatest wizards, mentored by the Great Salazar Slytherin himself. The 'Prince of Enchanters'. A Knight of the Round Table. A Companion of the fallen King Arthur Pendragon. Sworn Enemy of the Dark Witch Morgan Le Fay. A Lord of Ancient Magic. An Accomplished Duellist. A Master of Ancient Runes. And an Eye for Spell Creation.

His knowledge and power too, have been passed on among us. Weakening as inlocking between the different houses. And we, simply do not condone incest. Not even to preserve our power.

Marcus Emrys and Eloise Emrys (nèe Greengrass)- my parents, however has kept a secret.

The moment I was born, I inherited my mother's looks- hair, eyes, nose. But my power and thinking from my father. Yet in any of their families, none had demonstrated such power like mine.

With the gift to read the runic alphabet. The same language that was used to write my ancestor's book.

On the eve of my 4th birthday it was found I could perform wandless magic.

Since then, I wasn't allowed out of the house. Confined within the Emrys mansion with the poor reason of "it's for your own good Evangeline."

Growing up, I had a strained childhood. My parents strict on what I do, who can see me, where I can go and how I use magic.

To make up for my loss of knowledge of the world, I read books. By the time I was 6, I had already been profound in advanced spells, potions and knowledge. I learned that I had an affinity for astronomy. Makes sense as at night, my only companion were the stars.

I only had my cousins- Astoria and Daphne to accompany me in my life. That too, changed as time passed and they grew up. More intertwined with the outside world whereas I, grew ignorant of the world. It all changed when Uncle Florian, my mother's brother convinced her it was safe to let me study in Hogwarts. Saying I would be safe with my cousins and supported by the tight security and rules of the school.

The Greengrass family raised their children to believe of the blood purity. But my mother, Eloise believed differently.

Part of why she married my father was because, although her spouse would be a non-believe of blood purity, no one would be able to harm them due to our family's long standing power.

Generations upon generations of accumulated wealth happened to be a factor, another is that our founding father- Merlin is a respected and reputable figure in the wizarding world.

----------

Evangeline Emrys

Dinner was the usual. Painfully silent. I was about to head out after finishing my meal until my father spoke.

"Evangeline, we received a letter, just this morning. As a member of the House Emrys, you have been accepted to Hogwarts. We hope for you to continue the legacy of our family in Slytherin. Your cousins- Astoria and Daphne will be accompanying you."

"Congratulations, my dear" my mother hugged me.

It was a Saturday afternoon when Uncle Florian dropped the girls off at our home. I had just learned that I am to enter Hogwarts as a 3rd year. When I have not even attended any school. I was 14 at the time, the same age as Daphne.

I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't want to seem weak. All the years of pretending to be fine in front of my strict parents and creating a face of lies helped. By the time I was 10, I had already perfected that 'innocent doe-eyed stare' and I had become a pathological liar.

Perhaps that also is a reason why I don't know who I am or what to expect of myself. I didn't know which one of me was real anymore.

Loneliness is bound to change a girl. I wonder, what it would be like often to be able to go out in the sun. I had heard all great stories of girlhood from books, from novels and stories Astoria and Daphne tells me.

I was pulled out of my thought when Daphne called out to me and gave me... green sparkly powder? She pulled me out the the main fireplaced downstairs. "So you take the powder in your hands, and then say 'Diagon Alley' and the powder will transport you there." she tells me.

"Wait, transport me to Diagon Alley?"

"Uh huh. Ready?"

"No, wait. How?" I asked, but it was too late.

"Diagon Alley" says Daphne and to my surprise, she didn't burn in the green flames.

This was followed by another round of "Diagon Alley" by Astoria which led to green flames again as she threw the powder in the fireplace.

In a flash they were gone. I wasn't all too trusting, but if they've done this before then it must be safe, right?

"Diagon Alley" I say. And within a few seconds I was out in a crowd with Astoria and Daphne in front of me. We all heard a thud and saw that Aunt Adorabella followed suit.

Aunt Bella led us to a shop that read "Madam Malkin's," while Astoria and Daphne bought themselves new sets of uniforms that held the logo of Slytherin, I was being fitted for a completely black one. Aunt Bella advised to get more than one. And as she saw I spproved of her decision, she got me a few more.

"Psst! We're going to get you wand. You won't be allowed to cast wandless magic in Hogwarts anymore" Astoria started.

"Why? Is it against the school rules?" I asked and she looked at me as if completely ridiculed.

"No idiot, it's because it's against your parents' rules." Oh, right.