Pretty Girl

And I could be a pretty girl.

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:36

Pretty Girl • Clairo

Evangeline Emrys

It was a Monday morning and the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore was making one of his really long ass speeches again. To be honest, I wasn't really listening, but when did anyone ever listen?

I was reading, I didn't bother with his words, that's when hands with nails painted black slammed my book shut which made a 'thud' sound resonate across the great hall. Soon all eyes were on us as Pansy smiled sarcastically and retracted her arm as she sat down.

I glared at her of course, because first of all, what the fuck. And second of all, what the fuck.

"You're gonna want to listen darling. You could meet your love today." she chuckled dryly as she looked at the boys seated in front of us, smirking at the sight of the brunette Berkshire.

His face was awfully... stoic.

I looked up at the podium decorated with an owl making up some of what the man was saying.

Something ahout a Triwizard Tournament???

He introduced to us a school called Beauxbatons and their headmistress, Madame Maxime.

As if on cue, the door to the great hall flew wide open and girls wearing a whole bunch of blue just came in... dancing. They earned compliments and whistles from almost all the boys much to the girls of hogwart's dismay.

Behind them was a woman who was, well... quite... large. She was wearing a horrendous pink dress and with a bob too. Whoever was her stylist needs to be fired.

Dumbledore without much as a charm kissed her hand delightfully and returned up to the platform, announcing yet again another magical school.

Normally, I wouldn't care. But he said "Durmstrang" loud and clear. Just enough to send me into a bright smile. Wylan should at least be one of the boys with them, wouldn't he?

Thuds on the floor created by canes striking the ground came as soon as the doors once again fled open. And it would be a lie to say that I was not eager to see a specific person.

Four men cam closely after the rest. About a few minutes before the end of the performance. And a man, Igor Karkaroff greeted Dumbledore with a hug.

As soon as the pleasantries were concluded, I frantically scanned the room before noticing a looming figure towering over me. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw him. Immediately, I almost felt giddy. I haven't seen him in years.

"Well...? Aren't you gonna give me a hug? Or have you forgotten me already now that you've got new friends?" he asked with a slight smile beckoning over to the group I was with.

I stood still, thoroughly looking at the heavy change in his features. It's been so long and he's back. Wylan's here.

I quickly stood up as he engulfed me in a hug. Once I was released, I ruffled his hair. "Still the same then, Ri?" he asked, pertaining to my habbit of messing his hair up. I smiled, "always."

"Hey, Astoria" he nodded to the brunette and all heads turned to her in question. "You know him?" they asked, voices hushed but still in unison, confusion in their faces.

Astoria won't say anything, either for the drama or because she was too shy in front of my friends. And my guess was correct, she merely nodded in response.

"Got my gift, I see" he smiled playfully, getting a glimpse behind me and smiled at that direction. I turned around quickly and noticed the boy he was walking side by side with a little while ago.