Fine

When I told you "I'm fine" you were lied to

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:35

Mess It Up • Gracie Abrams

Evangeline Emrys

It's been days since the Triwizard Tournament announcement.

It's been days since I reunited with my brother.

And what greeted me as soon as he came?

A full blown argument between us.

"You are not going to fucking enter" I seethe.

"It's just a stupid contest." 

"Exactly!" I scrunched my face, "it's stupid. It's below you."

"Yeah, but I'd still like a try."

"A try? Are you fucking hearing yourself?"

"Careful, Ev. I'm still your older brother."

"Yeah?" I scoff, "can't see it by how immature you're acting."

"I'll be fine. I'm a fucking Emrys," he crossed his arms. 

God, what the hell did he mean by that?

"AND NO ONE WILL CONTINUE THE LINE IF YOU DIE!" I scream exasperated. 

"I won't fucking die. You're over reacting."

"What the fuck? What if you lose your life! These games get people hurt." 

"I'm not those people. You just gotta trust me." He said looking offended.

"Haven't people died because of these? Even the greatest wizards died!"

"And how would you know? Not like you actually left the house."

Wow. I scoff

God this was a new kind of low. And I wasn't going to fucking tolerate any of it.

I spun on my heel, walking out of my dorm. I didn't bother to turn at Wylan calling out my name.

The one person I believed would protect me is using my parents' 'protection' against me.

The fucking paradox.

I didn't know where I was going, all I knew was that my feet were trudging to wherever. I didn't care where I went. I didn't give a fuck who I bumped into. I just had to get out of there.

It was suffocating. Almost like how I felt in that prison of a home.

Fucking stupid men and their stupid egos. Fucking sheltered brats and their invalidating ways.

I ran as far as my feet could take me. In moments I was back at the astronomy tower. I was stopped by the railings that showed me the castle grounds.

"Been crying?" a shrill voice asks as my nose catches a whiff of bourbon

I look back and see a silhouette of a man.

"None of your business," I reply waving him off.

"Oh come on, that's no way to greet a friend now, is it?" My hair was brushed to the side and the voice nearing me.

I turn to look, scoffing. "Since when did we become friends, Berkshire?"

He dramatically placed his hand on his chest as if to look offended. "Pardon, I assumed since we had the same friends, we were to. And you were particularly very open to me when I was crying that night."