Got you

Say nothing more, yeah. 'Cause I got you.

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:46

i got you • Jimmy Brown

Evangeline Emrys

The wind was howling harsh past my body. In fear, my body was trembling. 

Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't look back.

But my body betrayed me, I was quickly falling and my brain didn't seem to respond to any of my impulses. I couldn't think straight. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't think of a spell to cast or whatever remedies I could have done at the moment.

As soon as I saw how close I was to the ground, my eyes shut themselves. This is it. I'm at the acceptance stage already. I knew I couldn't do anything about it.

Scratch that, I knew I could've done something, but my body won't respond.

I felt my body touch solid mass, although it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It was soft yet firm.

"Hey, you're safe. I got you." a voice whispered and my eyes fluttered open to be greeted by the same brown ones I had found myself comforting a few days ago. I felt as if I still hadn't gained control of myself yet as my hands found themselves slithering to his neck and as if on impulse, his hand held my head, burying it closer to his chest. I kept quiet as he was whispering again and again. "I got you. I got you." 

We had reached the ground but I was still being held by the brunette. I looked directly at his eyes, "you caught me." I whispered, the tears that threatened to fall long gone, not a single trace of it. My body instantly calm

"You told me to" he smiled, not letting go of me just yet and I swore he heard my breath hitch. "Thank you" I said, barely audible. But that didn't really matter. Someone came because I called. It wasn't the usual replies I got asking me to wait, that they couldn't come or that they had something to do. I didn't want to leave his arms just yet.

For the first time, I felt like it was okay. Like I was okay. Like someone's got me. Like I wasn't just there for someone's convenience. Like I was enough. Like I was a priority, that someone would come for me just because I asked. Like a someone didn't need a reason.

But all good things come to an end.

I got down and tried composing myself. The rest of our friends landing shortly after our... conversation. The girls immediately comforting me with hugs and Theo standing there awkwardly.

It wasn't like him to be awkward, but after witnessing a near death situation, I understood him.

Evangeline Emrys

It was night time, just minutes before dinner when I saw Theodore pace through the common room in a rush in ragged breaths. My eyebrows scrunched up into a bunch, my legs pushing myself up from the chair and following him to his room.

No one was there. The boys were too busy trying to sneak in alcohol as a compensation for having everyone miss Hogsmeade for their tryouts. And Mattheo? To hell with wherever he was, you'll never know either way, make an effort or not. It was an impossible task keeping track of Mattheo Riddle.

I knocked on the door and got no response. I wanted to leave thinking no one was there, but the shallow breathing from the other side of the door told me otherwise. I twisted the knob as was met with a Theodore Nott on his bed, sitting up. Tears flowing through his face.

"Hey, it's fine. You're fine." I found myself telling him, teary eyed looking at me as I inched closer to him. What is he talking about?  I pushed my thoughts aside and made way to his bedside, leaning on one of the four posters of his green bed.

He quickly flinched, desperate to make a distance between us, shaking his head repeating the word "sorry."

I assumed this was about the event this afternoon. "Hey, I'm fine. Look, I'm here." I told him, reaching my hand out. But he didn't take it and shook his head more profusely this time.

"It's my fault" he muttered, his body now shaking, "I keep killing people" he said feeling defeated, as if the world was eating him up. "like how I killed my mother" he let out a shaky breath and my head snapped at him.

"No, you didn't" I tried telling him to which he kept disagreeing with.

"You didn't kill anyone, Theodore." I told him again, persuading him more than comforting this time. If he was going to be okay, he was going to have to believe me.

"No..." he trailed off, covering his ears with both his hands. "I shouldn't have been born. Then maybe my mother would be alive. My father would still be happy. And you wouldn't have almost died."

I found a hole at his belief and gnawed at it. "almost... see, almost." I convinced him further, "I'm still here okay, I'm here." I took his hand from his ear, squeezing it to make it seem like I was real. That might've worked 'cause his breath calmed down. Although I knew he still felt guilty. I just knew.

He blamed himself for me falling, he also blamed himself for his mother's untimely death. And he blamed himself for being hated by his father.

"I'm sorry." he told me. And I looked at him, "I told you, nothing to apologize for. I enjoyed it."

He looked at me baffled "You enjoyed dying?"

"No, you idiot. I enjoyed flying around with you guys." I slapped his shoulder lightly and he kept quiet.

"That's not the only thing you enjoyed, no?" he asked turning to me, smirking slightly. 

I knew what he was talking about. The little moment between me and Berkshire. But I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of that. "What else then, Nott?" I turned, fully facing him this time, daring him to continue his claim.

"I don't know, being in Lorenzo Charles Berkshire's arms, perhaps." he nudged me lightly and smiled.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I managed to make myself walk out and shut the door behind me before leaning on it.

I now had to bear, not just the worries of the girls, my cousins and Lorenzo's, but also Theo's. And this was in a matter of days. I had to shoulder the weight all the while no one knew my problems.

See that's the thing, somehow within a few days, I've got everyone. But only one person's got me. At least, as of now.

His voice still echoed in my head, the comfort he brought me. "I got you."

I smiled before walking off. He's got me. Someone's got me.