Burn

Burn my Black and White World down to the Ground

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 1:07

Bloom • Aidan Bisset

Evangeline Emrys

The fire was crackling and burning in heat. Everyone was engulfed in conversation.

I excused myself, saying I was tired. In reality, I just couldn't understand anything they were saying. Seeing my cousin make out with a guy I just met didn't really help.

I felt a towering presence behind me and looked back to see Theo.

"Hey, you okay? You looked quite uncomfortable out there."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just shocked with the revelation. It didn't exactly help that I had no idea what you were talking about either."

"Come on, you know boys."

"Theo, aren't you forgetting? You're a guy too."

"See Emrys, this is how I know it wasn't that you couldn't understand. You just weren't listening." He paused and looked at me before smiling.

"I said 'boys' and you said 'guy'. Those things are different." He continued, that made me giggle a bit.

"Okay, Theodore Nott. How exactly are you different from the 'boys' over there."

"Well, for one, I'm literally escorting you to your dorm. Second, isn't it my jacket that you're wearing 'cause you got cold. And also, am I not the one paying attention to you enough to pinpoint you were uncomfy?" He grinned.

"Fine. Then, I guess you are different by just a little."

"Come on, Emrys. Just a little? Really? Who adjusted the fire when the ash was bothering your eyes?"

"Fine, by a loooot then." I replied sarcastically and he gave me a smug smile in return.

"What, Emrys? Don't believe me?"

"No" I shook my head giggling.

"I'm serious. See..." He opened the door for me. "Goodnight, mademoiselle." He sent me a wink.

I went in the door and sprawled myself on my bed. The other girls were fast asleep and Nea was no where to be found in the room. Though I payed no mind to it. Thinking she'll come back later to sleep.

I blew the burner on my side table that was the only sole source of light illuminating the room and got under the covers.

——————————

Evangeline Emrys

I got up at exactly 3:47 only to find my roommates fast asleep. I tried sleeping again but I kept tossing and turning. Nothing was helping.

I just decided to get dressed. I tried being very quiet in gathering my makeup. I knew I'd be noisy in the room, so I just did my make-up in the bathroom and curled my hair a bit.

I went out to the common room, grabbing my book. I didn't dare go out without anyone, I felt like I'd be lost in such a massive castle. 

I eventually grew bored of reading. Finding the map I tucked within the pages of my book, I tried my very best to follow the map. Although, I do admit that my navigation skills are poor. 13 years stuck inside a house does that to you, I guess.

Eventually, I reached the Grand Hall, Great Hall or whatever they call it. I arrived at about 4-ish something.

I remember this place. Where I was sorted and first met the girls.