Crazy

Tell all of your friends that I'm crazy

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:30

Maniac • Conan Gray

Evangeline Emrys

I was baffled Astoria said nothing, but then again she did love watching drama unfold. She brought me all the way back to her dorm, funnily enough, she wasn't roomies with Daphne.

She was paired with four other second-years. Rosier, Yaxley, Fawley and Avery. 

She told me she got along quite well with the girls more than she did with her own sister. I mean, I can see that, they were complete opposites. Aunt Adorabella even said that the only time the sisters don't fight is when they're with me. One of the reasons for them visiting me often.

She brought out a box, saying it was owled to her, just the day before leaving for Hogwarts. I opened the box and found two more boxes inside. How typical of him. 

I opened the smaller one first and found an emerald bracelet. It was in the shape of a snake with it's eyes as diamonds. There was a note.

For getting sorted into Slytherin
p.s. check the back

I opened the other one and found a book, it was a hardbound green book and the title was written in gold. "Sorcery Imbedded Heart"

I opened it, surprisingly the author remained unknown and there was another note within it's pages.

For your reading escapades when classes get too hard.

They were pretty. I slid the bracelet on my left hand and headed out of the common room for the Herbology Greenhouse. 

I distinctly remember the Gryffindor twins saying it was right outside the library, could never get lost now, would I? It's the library, I'd find it anywhere.

I didn't exactly like plants. And maybe that's why I'm the hidden Emrys. Merlin loved plants. Everyone knew that. He loved everyone and appreciated everything but was especially drawn to nature. I didn't

It was too early for herbology. I was in no mood whatsoever to be touching plants. It didn't help that we were dealing with mandrakes today. We all had earmuffs on for our own safety. A muffilato spell on the greenhouse to prevent the noise from seeping out.

I swear, I never had the strongest urge to just avada someone until the cries of those annoying ass plants. But wait, could they actually die from the killing curse? What if I just try...? I mean, there's hundreds of them here, they wouldn't even notice one is gone if I take it with me to the abandoned comfort room and gag it. They wouldn't even know I used the avada curse if I put a muffilato on the room.

Or... I could also just boil the shit out of them and easily gain myself about 5 vials of restorative draught.

Oooh or maybe "accidentally" drop flesh-eating slugs on them.

God, this is so fucking tempting. Give me a reason why I shouldn't just choke the shit out of the bitch right now.

Professor Sprout walked out front asking us what the horrid human-like plant was.

There were only Ravenclaws and Slytherins in the room. They say Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors take this class together. Well, it seems there was a truth to the rumors.

A Ravenclaw raised her hand right away. No. There was no way I was letting anyone perform better at this class than I did.

"It's a mandrake, Professor Sprout." She answered. And I raised my hand competitively.

"Yes, Miss Emrys? Is there anything you'd like to add?"

"A Mandrake or Mandragora is rooted from merdum gija, an Old Persian word meaning 'plant of humans' as a bow to its root's human-like appearance and behavior..."

The professor was about to speak. Did she really think I was done? Sike.

I continued on "When pulled out from the soil, the root gives out a loud cry which can be fatal once they have fully matured. A mandrake's capabilities are not only limited to that, they are also used for Mandrake Restoration Draughts, several potions and antidotes commonly but not limited to things that are petrified, cursed or transfigured."

"Well, as expected from you, Miss Emrys. 10 points for Slytherin." And the group of students in red robes cheered. 

"Psst! You just got us our first house points, everyone loves you." a voice which I recognized as Theo's came from behind me as I stood alongside Nea. 

I smiled, feeling pride for what the boy told me.

I stood there proud for a second until reality came with the cries of these mandrakes. God, I hate them.

We stood there, only 5 of us from our original group. Theo, Mattheo, Blaise, Nea and I.

As soon as we uprooted the plant, cries came out of their mouths.

Mattheo was slapping the root making it cry louder. We all gave him a glare he paid no mind to.

Right now, I was coming up with more ways to kill these plants. Maybe, I can burn them.

What if instead of killing them... I torture them? Like how they torture us.

My eyes shined with a hint of evilness. I took the plant my mandrake was first uprooted in. Holding the plant so the root's head would be directly on top of the soil like a baby in the womb.

I pushed it down the soil and pulled it harshly. Then back in the soil, then up, then in the soil, then up in the air. I did this for a few more times until I thought They live in soil, they're basically enjoying this.

I grabbed myself a pot of water, a pair of 4 curious eyes following my movements. We wouldn't get in trouble, the other students both Slytherin and Ravenclaw were too scared to come near us. Having Riddle as a friend had its perks. And the Herbology professor was busy looking over at the other students than minding 5 perfectly capable Slytherins.

I repeated the same process I did on the mandrake. Only this time, submerging it on water than burying it in soil. The mandrake made the water bubble a few times and I brought it to my face, smirking.

By now, the mandrake had fully given up on crying as water came out of it's mouth. 

I smiled victoriously and brought my mandrake to the table. There was too much chaos in the greenhouse for anyone to figure out what was happening here. 

I was able to do the process Sprout wanted us doing perfectly in silence.

I whispered to the mandrake to start crying now, it didn't move. I gave it a smile and whispered "sorry" then it began crying. Jeez, crazy ass plants.

I showed my work to the professor and graciously earned me a few compliments from the herbology teacher.

I was crazy, sure, a bit. But I wasn't a psycopath. I lowered the mandrake for it to drink water and it did. It grew a it, probably first time drinking for a while and planted it back in the soil it was previously in. Not forgetting to add a bit of water.

"Fuck shit, you're crazy Emrys." Riddle mused as I sat down on the bench, done with my work.

His father was the real crazy one. I was mild. Tame, even.