Don't Go.

I would stay forever if you say, "Don't Go".

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:56

Say Don't Go • Taylor Swift

Evangeline Emrys

This morning felt like hell. Shit, this was what people call hangovers, don't they? It feels like shit, why the hell do they put up with this?

I woke up at roughly 6:30, exactly breakfast. Knowing myself, I'd take at least two hours to get ready. Life is hell, life is a bitch. I looked around the room,  messy with the remnants of last night's memories.

A bottle of fire whiskey by the door, a random hoodie on the floor, mismatched shoes on two separate beds, a towel hanging loosely from the chair and a hair tie on the door knob. No sign of the girls other than Helene who was staring at the ceiling, head in her hands yet fully dressed and ready for class. I guess I was the last one up.

I mustered up strength and pulled myself off my bed, grabbing my uniform and hanging it on me and Stella's shared closet's handle. I walked over the the bathroom, it was occupied. Just as I was about to go back the door handle opened and Stella came out with her robes on.

I grabbed my towel and bathrobe and the change of Slytherin robes I had and climbed into the shower. A nice bath never hurt. And I had time before class. I'll miss breakfast either way so, I'll just enjoy my time, I guess.

Lorenzo Berkshire

I was awoken by a beastly looking Mattheo, looking pissed. "It's five." he said in an almost too monotonous voice that it had resembled Snapes. Damn, that's scary. I was in the common room, a blanket draped over my shoulders and I looked at my friend warily.

He scoffed, looking away. "You wish." He said and walked over to the boys dorms.

By the time we got there, the boys were all dressed they waited for me for at least 15 minutes before we headed out for breakfast.

When we got there, there were only 2 of the girls last night. Neandra and Pansy. We then found out that they were asleep when the two left. Helene, delirious but dressed was too lazy to get up.

Blaise suggested we get the girls food, so we gathered three trays, Mattheo excusing himself to get out of this situation quickly.

Blaise held one tray of food and Theodore, two. None of them giving me or Draco a chance and walked off.

Pretty soon we caught up with the two, with the girls following closely behind us. They unlocked the door and let us in. Helene, still laying on the bed, the robes doing it's best to cover her and Stella sitting on a vanity table when Theo left a plate in front of her.

Blaise grabbing one of Helene's hands and handing her the food, "here."

Draco and I stood there like fools. Pansy and Neandra each sitting on the foot of their beds. Draco soon joined Pansy and I was left alone near the door.

Just then, the doorknob twisted and Evangeline came out, her robe being held by her left hand as she went over to the vanity beside Stella's. She did her routine and opened a drawer, grabbing out 2 bows— black and green and a clip.

She held them up and turned to Stella, "Which one?" and Stella pointed at the green bow "this one."

As she cleared her desk, Theo brought her tray down to the table and jokingly kissed her hand, "for you, mademoiselle" earning him a giggle.

"Aren't you supposed to be Italian? How are you French" she mused but nevertheless with a smile.

She handed him the bow, "Do you mind?" and he shook his head. Taking the bow out of her grasp and gently taking a few strands or her hair and slipping it on her.

I was still here. I stood here. I remained here. And it felt like hours.

Finally, the girl stood up and left Theo where he was, grabbing her wand and putting on her robes, slipping the wand into her pocket as usual.

The girls soon finished their meals in silence. The guys were just howling when a gust of wind came by. The door opened and Astoria came in.

If I was frozen minutes ago, I was more now than ever.

Our eyes met and she quickly adverted her gaze to her cousin. Whispering a few words to each other before she left. Blaise must've caught the tense energy because why else would he call me out.

"Hey mate, how come you aren't all touchy feely today?" he raised his eyebrow and I looked up at him, shrugging.

"We broke up" I said and a spoon collided with the floor.

"You did what?" Evangeline was now facing me. Looking at me with eyes that could kill.

She stormed out of the room, her waffles half eaten and her milk fully gone. She grabbed her book before going out.

I stood frozen there, receiving looks from my friends. "Couldn't wait for one day before breaking up?" asked Neandra.

"We were never anything to begin with." I countered and their gazes shot up on me. "Explain." my blonde cousin let out.

"We were using each other" I looked at them, "to please our parents. She likes someone else." I told them.

"So... we're the one who was wrong?" Neandra questioned and I nodded at her question. It didn't matter the apologies or the sorry's. 

See, whether it be as a Slytherin or as Bellatrix Lestrange's son, they will always assume the worst of me.

Draco looked at me apologetic, trying to speak but I walked off before he could say anything. I didn't need their sorry or their pity. I only knew I needed to explain myself to the only person who still doesn't think the worst of me.

Or maybe she does already.

But then again, without even knowing you, people will always assume who you are.

You may know, but they can contort reality.

I will not risk having the only person who looked at me differently to share their thoughts.

"Evangeline, wait"

She stopped at her tracks and turned to face me looking annoyed.

"Spit it out, Berkshire."

I needed to explain, I needed to speak. I hurt her cousin, one of the only people she knew for years, I know that. But I needed her to know, that it was for Daphne's own good.

I didn't need any of their apologies. I didn't care for any of it. I just knew I needed her trust. I needed her to stay. I needed her to hear me out. I needed the girl who comforted me to stay. I needed the girl who saw my worst and still thought I was brave to stay.

"Don't go."