(TW- Excessive caps, Arguing, Blaming, and bringing up triggering topics)

"Roman..." Remus started, seeing how his brother simply walked over to the bed the second they walked into their room. "Roman... You have to at least see how he helped you right?" Roman's eyes were staring endlessly at the wall across from him making Remus tense knowing how his brother could get. "Roman, I don't know what to say unless you tell you to tell me where your head is. We may be able to communicate telepathically but that is not the same as reading your mind." Roman just laid back into the bed as if ignoring his twin entirely which of course only made Remus all the more upset. He was never good at being ignored but when Roman himself seemed to be so distanced it was as if a little piece of himself was no longer there. He couldn't take it.

"Roman please... give me somewhere to start." Roman's eyes darkened as Remus sat down beside him. "I know you're upset, but this is never going to get handled if you just sit there and ignore me."

"Roman Alden, talk to me." Roman growled making Remus tense up realizing he only made things worse by ordering him to talk. Roman does not handle orders well. Sure Remus didn't either but with Roman... it was never a good thing to make him angry... especially if he was already pissed. "Roman, please... say something. This conversation has to start somewhere. How many times did Mom tell you that we need to talk these things out with each other? Roman, I'm trying so, please... Say something."

"You want something? Fine." Roman growled the word out with a vile and angry smirk as he sat up in bed, Remus rarely ever saw directed at him. "Let's start with the most problematic ok?" Roman glared his brother down with rage that made Remuns curl up and lean away. "You used magic."

"Roman-..."

"IN PUBLIC!" Roman continued, cutting Remus off, making Remus frown. "IN FRONT OF A STRANGER! Remus..." Roman stopped short, his eyes flashing scarlet before fading again as he sighed. "Remus... I..." Roman clenched his fists as Remus moved to sit cross-legged facing his brother. "I have those rules for a reason." Roman started and already Remus could feel the guilt building up and he hated it. "The plans I put in place... those rules and plans have been there since you FIRST started joining me into town. You knew why they were made." Roman paused, finally meeting Remus's eyes with a disappointed look. "And yet you broke two of them... that I know of. You left your post and you used magic within city walls. Forgetting the fact that that... monster was there and not anyone else, what if it was a hunter?"

"So? Roman... WE are hunters-..."

"No, Remus. I am a hunter." Roman growled as looked away, his anger only getting worse. "I am a hunter. I know how hunters think. They wouldn't bother to ask or give you the benefit of the doubt. They would label you a monster and I would lose you."

"I'm not a monster-..."

"They wouldn't care, Remus... I can't lose you." Roman twitched, his fist clenching tighter as he shook his head and forced himself to his feet. "You've never had to deal with any of this. It's always been me who did all the dangerous stuff. I handled the hunters, the knights, the soldiers. I handled the prayers and the rumors and those damn crystals that just won't stop going off. I was the one who did EVERYTHING-..."

"Because mom wouldn't let me leave-..."

"BECAUSE OF YOUR MAGIC!" Roman snapped, the room growing just a smidge hotter in his anger. "You HAD to remain where it was safe. There are too many people out there who would either take advantage of you, turn you in, or kill you on the spot. I thought you understood that, Remus."

"Oh, I understand plenty... You don't trust me." Roman growled as he started to pace. Remus just scoffed, leaning back against the bed with this disbelief in his eyes. "You don't think I can protect myself."