26

TW- Blood, Slight gore, yelling

Roman's back hit the stone wall as he groaned. He didn't know how he had gotten here but given how Remus was not answering his calls, he could tell they had been thoroughly separated. Roman's heart raced with panic, his mind flashing back to the past, as he struggled to keep a hold of his sword. He needed to beat these demons. He needed to stay in the fight lest he risk not being there to protect Remus.

Roman's eyes flashed as he quickly jumped out of the way of a demon who tried to launch itself at him. He took a deep breath, slicing his sword through the air hoping to catch any of the demons, despite their decent ability to dodge. Roman let his mind filter out, letting himself fall into his hunter knowledge as he moved by reaction.

Demons are known to be fast and strong. Their claws and fangs are their main weapon meaning you have to keep yourself out of close range. Difficult to do when you're a sword wielder. That means...

You just have to be faster than the demon.

Roman's eyes flashed as he vanished, jumping to the side in a blink and bringing his blade down on one of the demons. The demon screeched in pain causing the rest of those around them to attack, keeping Roman on the balls of his feet. With every movement, Roman would swipe his sword through the air occasionally cutting the demons as they tried to grab at him. He focused on the energy around him, using that to determine where the demons were in the room. He felt a buzz behind him as he killed one of the demons, going to spin around to kill the other, only to freeze up as the demon just dropped to the ground already dead. There was a familiar knife sticking out of its head. Roman's eyes darted up instantly to see Virgil standing there shaking.

"Virgil-..." Virgil smiled up at him only for his eyes to fill with horror, staring behind the hunter.

"WATCH OUT!" Virgil grabbed Roman, yanking him out of danger as a demon tried to slash at him. Roman growled quickly impaling the demon in the gut, who only scratched and frantically tried to get to him. Roman's eyes went a bright red, as in a blink, he pulled the sword out and into the demon's head, so quickly Virgil jumped not having seen it happen.

"You hunters will BURN!" A demon screamed as it went rabid, forcing Roman to dodge instead of attack. It was forcing Roman further and further away from Virgil who was pulling his dagger out of the one demon's head. The demon went to grab at Roman, forcing the hunter to spin about to dodge them yet again. However, in doing so, the demon spotted Virgil. There was a haunted chuckle making Roman's heart drop, as the demon suddenly went after Virgil.

It was just a second. Roman watched the demon reach for the ghoul, time seemingly froze up around them. This burn in his gut blew up around him as the buzz in his skin took over completely. Roman suddenly appeared before Virgil, shielding him against his chest as everything just exploded at once

"NO!" Roman screamed, a blast of soundwaves boomed from the hunter, who held Virgil tighter against him protectively. The second the blast hit the demon, its body was torn apart, sending bits about the walls, forcing Roman to spin them around, so that Virgil didn't get hit by the guts that went everywhere.

"Roman-..." Remus slid into the room panting with panic in his eyes, having just managed to defeat the rest of the demons, only to see the state of things before him, and his eyes went white. Roman stood there clutching Virgil tightly, his body shaking, as Remus's eyes scanned the whole room, noticing what must have happened to the one body in bits. "Roman..." Remus placed a hand on Roman's shoulder, making Roman jerk, grabbing one of Virgil's daggers from its holder and suddenly holding it against Remus's neck. Remus just blinked, highly surprised before gently nudging the dagger lower as Roman finally started coming back to himself. "Roman? It's ok... They're dead. We're safe." Roman blinked, pulling himself back a bit, revealing a very started and confused Virgil, who didn't understand what had happened at all. "The demons are all dead. It's ok. We're all safe."