25

It had been days since that all happened. Just as Roman had assumed Remus teased him relentlessly about how he just HAD to scare the shit out of Virgil to just check on him. Roman didn't bother to explain himself which resulted in it all being dropped after a while. It took a while, but eventually Roman saw Virgil actually using the bag he had bought him. He hadn't worn the mask yet, but given how Remus jumped on to teasing the ghoul about going back and buying the bag, Roman could understand not wanting to risk any questions. Virgil wouldn't have known who it was that gave it to him of course. Not that it would matter much since this was it...

This was when it all goes down. This is when the twins fight the demons.

Roman was lacing up his boots when a knock sounded at their door. The twins both paused before Remus ran over and opened the door, to reveal Virgil standing there with a confused look.

"Oh, shit. Sorry dude. Completely forgot to tell you." Remus laughed as Roman just rolled his eyes moving to lace his belt around his waist, tying his sword's sheath to his hip as he went.

"What are you two doing?" Virgil lulled softly, his eyes trailing Roman's movement, as the older twin grabbed his sword and put it in the sheath so it now rested on his hip ready to be used. Roman stopped, meeting the ghoul's eyes, who had frozen up the second they met, eyes shining oddly.

"We found the demons." Remus giggled completely oblivious to how the other two just stared at each other. Virgil blinked, finally realizing what was said before turning to Remus in horror.

"He's going alone! Do you remember what happened the last time there was a demon? The ghoul even gave him a problem-..." Virgil flinched at a sudden touch to his arm, looking up again to meet Roman's eyes which were dark and filled with determination. Virgil hesitated, before just looking away with a slight whine. "I'm worried."

"I'm not weak." Virgil sighed as he just curled away letting Roman get back to getting ready. "The last two fights were not showing of what I am capable of."

"Besides, he's not going alone." Remus beamed as Roman growled clearly not happy with it. Remus just stuck his tongue out, flexing his fingers as green orbs began to pop up around them. "I am not taking no for an answer." Of course, that only made Roman growl louder but Remus just ignored him turning back to Virgil with a sad look. Virgil's eyes widened realizing what was going on as Remus suddenly pulled him in for a hug. "Sorry, Emo, but... It looks like this is goodbye."

"Wait-..." Virgil's head shot up, his words choking up on him as Roman stared off at nothing, refusing to look at either of them. "What?"

"As soon as the deal is done..." Roman started making Virgil's eyes start to darken more. "... we're leaving."

"It's just better that way." Remus added with a shrug. Virgil just stood there staring at the two, his thoughts not coming to words. "We never stay in one place for too long anyway..." Remus's voice went quiet as he shot the ghoul a very serious look.

"Remus." Roman cut in only for Remus to wave him off.

"...it's not safe." Roman growled warningly only to falter as Remus just flicked him with a giggle.

"Mother told you not to growl at people." Remus teased but of course that just pissed Roman off, who quickly shoved himself past the two, hitting Virgil accidentally, who stumbled back causing Remus to have to grab him to keep him stable. "Sorry about him. Things are just... a bit tense right now." Remus smiled as he pulled back a bit, letting Virgil truly process everything.

"REMUS!" Remus sighed as he pulled away completely with a sad look. He nudged Virgil gently on the arm before giving the ghoul a wink.

"Stay safe ok?" Virgil could only nod as he watched Remus run off. The room seemed so cold. Sure their bags were still here, obviously, they could take them with them to the fight. However, they were all packed and shoved in a corner, making the room feel so empty and quiet. Virgil didn't like it. It seemed... wrong to him. Virgil's fists clenched at his side as he thought about everything that happened during his time there in town and one thing just kept filling his head. How the hell was Roman supposed to fight an entire coven of demons when the man can't even walk a straight line without tripping? Someone had to be there to protect Roman from himself.

He couldn't let the hunters leave without him.
His brother was going to kill him for getting attached.

"You sure this is the place?" Remus lulled as he looked up at the hole in the ground. They had to leave the town just to get here but it wasn't that far out, making it a good place to call home if you want to cause bloodshed. Roman grunted as he gripped his sword tightly in his grip, eyes a bright red. Remus frowned seeing the fear in his brother's eyes. "Roman, you don't have to do this-..."

"I'm a hunter, Remus. That's all there is to it." Roman growled as he started his way in. Remus groaned in annoyance as he followed after. If he couldn't stop his brother from being an idiot, he would at least be an idiot with him.

"Virgil, actually looked like he would miss us." Remus giggled softly, only noticing a slight twitch in Roman's eyes. "He looked about ready to cry. Maybe we should ask him to join us aga-..."

"Shut the fuck up." Roman hissed, this electrical hot pressure filling the air. "We are hunting, Remus. Keep talking and we lose the element of surprise."

"Oh, hun..." Roman's eyes flashed as he looked up to see a demon sitting in this one outcome in the cave wall. "You never had a chance."