(TW- Murderous intention)

"Roman, stop for a second and listen to me!" Remus cried out as Roman paced the room. It had been a day since the whole fountain thing happened and at this point, Roman couldn't take it anymore. He had been feeling that malicious intent from a ghoul long enough and yet the only ghoul he's seen had been the one Remus had thrust into their company. Yet anytime he so much as looked at the ghoul, Remus went off on him begging him not to do anything, as he was doing now. "It's not Virgil."

"He is the ONLY ghoul we've seen here, Remus."

"Doesn't mean it's him. Roman, please... think about it." Roman growled as Remus grabbed his arms desperately trying to plead with his brother. "Virgil has been nothing but kind to us... literal hunters. Given all the time we've spent with him, could you honestly say that Virgil would do this?" Roman just pulled his arms free making Remus's eyes darken visibly showing how his heart broke. "Roman, please? It's not him."

"He's a monster, Remus. Monsters are capable of anything. They hide in plain sight and attack the weak. Clearly, anyone whose survival is based on how well they act would be good at pretending to be innocent." Remus stood there watching as Roman walked over to the window just glaring out at nothing. "I can't ignore what I've been feeling."

"He's Selen, Roman. I know you saw the bracelet." Roman's jerked just the slightest bit making Remus wonder if he was actually getting through to his twin. "He's Selen, which means he follows the moon."

"Don't you dare." Roman growled lowly, barring what appeared to be fangs as his eyes turned scarlet. "I will forgive many things but using the moon against me is not one of them."

"I'm not trying to use the moon against you, Roman. I'm trying to get you to open your eyes. He follows the moon. He's not scorned. So why on earth would he be that maliciousness your feeling?" Roman stood there, his eyes glowing brightly, making Remus tense up. "Roman-..."

"Do NOT use the moon against me."

"Roman-..." Remus tried to call out only to freeze up as Roman grabbed his sword, a subtle shimmer in the silver blade as if moonlight was somehow trapped inside wanting to come out. "Roman please... you promised you wouldn't hurt him-..."

"I promised I wouldn't hurt or kill him so long as there was no reason to." Roman growled back, a look in his eyes that made Remus step back to give his brother some space. An angry Roman was never good for the older. "That I wouldn't go after him ONLY if there was no danger. Now, look-..."

"IT'S NOT VIRGIL!" Remus yelled as Roman started for the door. "Roman, please!"

"I'm taking him out now before he can hurt anyone." Remus's eyes flashed white, his hair turning green, as he quickly tried to stand in Roman's way. "STAY HERE!" Roman yelled, not even paying attention to what had happened, as a blast of pure sound hit his chest sending him back against the bed. The room shook as the door closed, cracks growing on the walls from the sound waves.

Remus just stayed there, tears in his eyes, as he tried to stop his trembling. He had gotten close to Virgil after all. Remus would very easily say Virgil had become a dear friend. He thought... He thought Roman was starting to let Virgil in. He thought maybe Roman was learning. He thought he was getting through to him. He should have realized...

His brother will never let that day go...
He'll never be who he was before...
His brother was just far too lost.

The first thing Roman did the second he left the inn was pull himself up onto the roof and stare out into the night, his skin glowing subtly in the moonlight as he gripped the hilt of his sword tightly. He scoured the area feeling the malice in the area seemingly all around him. He jumped from roof to roof trying to avoid the people that still walked the fire lamp-lit streets below until he froze up hearing the distinct soft and low voice of the ghoul he was looking for. Roman spotted him talking to a merchant, having bought a bunch of flowers, before growling lowly at the dagger strapped to the ghoul's hip.

Roman jumped down, eyes trained on the monster before him as the ghoul walked further into the trade fair. Roman could feel his skin start to prick with nerves and rage as the crowd began to get denser. It didn't take much longer after that for Roman to lose the ghoul, making him spin around trying to find him.

"Roman?" Roman jerked, seeing the ghoul right behind him with this curious look him his eyes. "What are you doing out so late? I didn't take you to want to be-..." Virgil's eyes darkened as he gently laid a hand on Roman's arm making the hunter tense up at the subtle burn he felt despite the ghoul's typical colder than average body temperature. "Where is Remus? Is he-..."

"Safe." Roman growled out his words making Virgil tense up, clearly spotting the aggression that was rolling off the hunter.

"Well, that's good." Virgil lulled, trying to make his appearance seem just the tiniest bit smaller, whilst smiling softly as to appear none threatening. He had been around Roman even to notice when he was close to snapping. "Did you come out to enjoy the night air? Or... Would you like to look around the Night Markets with me? You do not have to though. I will understand if you need some time alone." Roman just grunted not bothering to speak as his anger bubbled in him. He had his hand still firmly on the hilt of his sword as Virgil just sighed softly.

"We can check out some of the games they have set up if you'd like?" Virgil gestured to one of the lit paths, leading the way as Roman walked closely behind him. "I'm sure they'd have something you'd like. Did you know that Farven is the only place in the entire kingdom that will hold any kind of activity at night? It's fascinating when you start to think about how the Night Markets were even started in the first place." Roman growled silently, his hand twitching, only to catch Virgil's eyes, who faltered at the sight of Roman's sword and just... deflated completely. Virgil's eyes slowly panned up to meet with Roman's dull gaze before giving a sad smile. "Actually... why don't we just... go for a walk maybe. Might be nice to get away from all the people."

"Lead the way." Roman gruffed out making Virgil's eyes fade as he just nodded, gripping his basket tightly for a second before staring off down the path.

"Alright then."