(Tw- Depictions of infant/baby murder)

The rest of that night had Roman and Virgil at ends, which of course worried Remus. It wasn't that Virgil was angry at first, as he knew he had upset Roman with his teasing, but after a while, the aggression started to get a bit much. Which of course, left Remus in the middle of his new friend and his twin brother.

To make matters worse two days into the week the twins both started to feel a malice in the air. Remus tried not to focus on it as at first it wasn't really directed at them personally, more just... in general. However when the distinctive energy of ghoul filled the air at night, Roman latched onto it instantly.

"Come on, Ro." Remus whined when he noticed his brother glaring at Virgil. The group had been just walking through everything again wanting to check out more vendors but Roman wasn't having it. "It's not him."

"What's not who?" Remus jumped making Virgil chuckle. "Jeez, Remus. What's got you so jumpy today?"

"Oh... uh... Nothing. Nothing at all." Remus laughed only for Virgil to give him a look. "I'm just uh... not feeling well is all?"

"Remus, we don'-..."

"I'm not feeling well, Roman." Remus growled making Roman clam up in surprise.

"I'm sorry." Virgil lulled letting the group slow down a bit in their walk. "We could just walk if you're not feeling up to doing anything. Some fresh air might help."

"Isn't that what we're already doing?" Roman's words came out in a rumble making Virgil huff, but he didn't bother to give a comeback. Roman wasn't exactly wrong after all. They had been walking.

"I meant more leisurely. All we would do is walk... and not have to deal with people and vendors and being hassled into buying something." Virgil chuckled seeing the silly look Remus made. "See? Total pain."

"I'd like that Virgil." Remus lulled, taking his arm in his, as the two walked, leaving Roman in the back just glaring at them. 'It's not him, Roman.' Remus spoke telepathically feeling his brother's burning gaze on him. 'Why can't you just trust me on this?'

'You are literally arm in arm with this monster and you want me to trust you?' Remus shot his brother back a look making Roman growl back in response. 'You're too close to see the danger.'

'And you're too blind to see there is no danger.'

"I know!" Virgil called out, cutting off the twin's mental conversation, as he skipped ahead making Remus smile over how happy the ghoul seemed to be. "Why don't we check out the famous fountain?"

"I would rather not." Roman grumbled lowly noticing the sad look Remus gave him.

"Well, I thought you as a hunter would enjoy it?" Virgil sighed seeing how Roman glared at him. There really was no winning when it came to the older twin.

"Why, because the famous Farven City fountain is a portrayal of the Moon after the Moonlight Assassination?" Roman growled, his eyes slowly turning red, as he squared his shoulders. "Just because I'm a hunter doesn't mean I find beauty in a grieving mother after the slaughter of her only son."

"Ok..." Remus cut in quickly as Virgil blinked in surprise over Roman's outburst. "Hey, Ro... The fountain might be nice. You know... the cool crisp air to help calm down." Roman just growled more making Remus wave him off. "Well, I want to see the fountain."

"Of course you do." Remus just ignored his brother as he took Virgil's arm, who was still just watching Roman in confusion, nearly tripping as Remus dragged him away. Roman followed begrudgingly behind the two, trying really hard to keep his distance and not look up at anything. It wasn't until he heard Remus gasp did Roman look up.