(TW- Slight mention of blood)

"So what is the plan for today?" Remus asked as he practically bounced in his chair. Roman groaned as he just laid his head back on the table already annoyed with the morning considering who it was that sat across from them. Virgil shrugged as he took a cautious sip of his hot chocolate drink the inn was gracious enough to make for him.

"Well, I'm just a traveler too so I'm not the best in knowing the town layout-..." Roman groaned again even louder making Remus roll his eyes and gesture for Virgil to continue on. "But... I do know about the trade fair. I was thinking maybe we could check it out. Farvens trading is pretty large considering so many different trades groups pass through here."

"A trade fair?" Roman grumbled as he looked up at the ghoul questioningly. "Really?"

"Well... Uh..." Virgil sighed with a nodded, anxiously rubbing his fingers together. "I was hoping to check it out. It's the whole reason I came here. I... I thought I might look for a new mask."

"I was wondering why you didn't have one." Remus retorted with a smirk only making Virgil jump a bit with a nod. "If you mind me asking, what happened to it?"

"Oh, it's nothing its just um... I left it... with my brother... on accident." Virgil spoke quieter and quieter with every word only making Roman's eyes narrow. Virgil could practically feel Roman's gaze on him like a burn but he tried not to let it bother him too much even if it was really unsettling. He only had to deal with it until the twins left. Then he could relax as much as his anxiety would allow. He'd always be on guard but at least he wouldn't have a hunter sitting directly across from him anymore. "Uh... why don't you two have masks?"

"What are you talking about?" Roman growled only to jerk as Remus elbowed him in the side.

"It's a long story that neither of us really feels comfortable talking about but..." Remus pointed up at his hair, the small green and red child mask that was attached firmly to the headband he always wore. "These are the only masks we've ever had." Virgil glanced over at Roman who just growled again making him jerk away with a nod.

"I see. well um... would you be ok with me checking out the masks then or if you would prefer I can do that on my own?"

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Remus chuckled before stopping and groaning over his brother's ridiculousness and elbowing him again.

"REMUS ENOUGH!" Roman yelled making Virgil's eyes widen at how the table vibrated a bit. "I made you a promise but I never said that I would be happy about him being with us."

"Oh..." Virgil gave a sad laugh as he awkwardly rubbed his arm. "No... that's... that's ok. You don't have to like me. I don't like strangers either so I understand. Um... If you want we can just keep to the markets today and take it easy. We don't have to do anything really big today or... ever."

"So..." Remus held out the 'o' as he looked around, while Roman just nodded and gestured a vague whatever. "Yay! Ok, so markets today. This is going to be fun."

"I'm not happy." Roman mumbled making Remus groan dramatically.

"You already said yes. No take-backs."

"We're on a job-..."

"So?" Remus whined only getting a stern look from Roman back in response. "Look... We have no information about the demons anyway. And besides, it's practically a festival. It would be rude to not participate."

"Doesn't mean I'm happy." Roman growled out but didn't bother to say more as Remus just giggled happily.

"So, Virgil..." Virgil laughed as Remus gave a silly faux devious grin and cackled. "Let the festivities begin."

"Sure." Virgil lulled as he finished his drink and started to get up. "We can head towards the market closest to us or we could look around a bit before that. I think the ones closest are more food vendors than anything really worthwhile." Roman hesitated a bit as Remus and Virgil started on ahead. He hung back not really enjoying the crowd too much. He just fidgeted with the coin purse in his pocket as he watched everything around him. He supposed it was a good thing for Remus to relax given how much of their time was on the run but it didn't mean Roman enjoyed it. Forgetting the monster in their actual company, there were hunters all over the place.

"Oh, look! Charms!" Remus called out giving Roman a small questing look. Roman just nodded letting Remus drag Virgil off to the vender as he just watched from where he was. Remus did look to be already enjoying himself which was good. Roman just wished there wasn't so much danger around them. It was exhausting always being so on gaurd-...

"Oh... Excuse me sir." Roman jumped, his hand already going for his sword until he spotted the man before him in fancy colors. Red and blue... A familiar insignia on his breast. "A letter for his Lord." Roman rolled his eyes, before just accepting the letter. He could feel the buzz burning against his skin making him have to hold back the growl over the annoying sensation.

"You do realize I have no actual title as lord right?" Roman finally said as he handed over his own envelope making the fae before him smile a bit at the humor. "You have no responsibility to me."

"You are correct about that, Sir, however as per my lady's request I am to treat you as if her family." Roman groaned in annoyance, seeking a peek over at the other two who were thankfully far too distracted to notice the fae behind them. "Now as per protocol, do you have the seal?" Roman gently reached into this inner coat pocket, pulling out a moonstone ring. He brushed his thumb over the seal, cutting his skin and coating it with blood. The fae held out a sheet letting Roman press the seal into it. "Thank you, Sir. I'm sure the Lord will be very happy to hear your correspondence."

"Yeah, sure whatever... just go now. Before we're both caught." The fae just chuckled before snapping his fingers and disappearing. Roman never understood a faes glamor but as long as it meant nothing happened he wasn't going to cry about it.

"Yo, Ro..." Roman's eyes were dull as he looked up to see Remus handing him an apple. "Virgil said there are some cool vendors a street away? Why don't we-... Hey, wait..." Remus pointed to the letter Roman was shoving into his coat with a sly look. "What's that?"

"Nothing. Just ignore it..." Roman growled only making Remus sigh. "You said something about vendors a street away?"

"Oh, right. Yeah..." Remus grabbed Roman's hand and started to drag him away. "Let's go!"