Haunted

This story is a work of fiction and belongs to the genre of fantasy. The events, abilities, and locations described in this story are products of the author's imagination and should not be considered real or based on factual events. This story contains different kinds of violence, display of crime, such as killing.

English is not my first language. Expect some grammatical and typographical errors to occur while reading this story.

___________________________________________

"Hanni, I've detected a really strong presence from the west side!" Danielle urgently informed Hanni, who was busy in deciphering cave markings as a part of their mission.

"In west side on the cave? You have a keen senses, huh." Hanni remarked, offering a smile to Danielle.

They swiftly moved towards the west, alarmed by Dan's detection of a powerful force, a potential individual that would spark a destruction.

Their pace quickened as they approached, but a sudden overwhelming energy hindered their movements, making them have a hard time breathing and walking towards the source of energy.

Suddenly, the air shifted, adding another overwhelming aura that weakened them. Hanni's heart skipped a bit. She sensed a familiarity in this power and took each step with increasing heaviness inside her chest.

After numerous steps that they took. They finally saw the light on the west side of the cave — an exit, finally.

In that moment, as the two of them exit the cave. A few unfamiliar figures greeted them with their overwhelming aura.

But amidst the aura taking over them, a voice emerges that caught Hanni and Danielle's attention.

"Pham Hanni, huh."

Hanni's heart skipped at the voice, and beads of sweat started forming on her forehead. An inexplainable heaviness settled in her chest. It's not caused by fear but a trembling response to the emotional pain she's currently experiencing.

Raising her gaze, Hanni locked eyes with the girl who once held her heart, the girl whose eyes got colder than ice, the one she used to love.

"Minji."

__________________________________________

CHARACTERS AND THEIR ABILITIES

Name: Kim Minji
Abilities: Summoning, ability mimicry, illusion casting

Name: Pham Hanni
Abilities: Telepathy, photokinesis, Chronicler's Insight

Name: Danielle Marsh/Mo Jihye
Abilities: Enhanced senses, shape-shifting, night vision

Name: Kang Haerin
Abilities: Energy absorption, summoning weapons, invisibility

Name: Lee Hyein
Abilities: Teleportation, superhuman strength, super agility, vocal mimicry

Name: Jang Wonyoung
Abilities: Super speed, information absorption, cognitive enhancement

Name: Ahn Yujin
Abilities: Regeneration, heat vision, electrokinesis

Name: Kim Minjoo
Abilities: Summoning, adaptive camouflage, photographic reflexes