Hanni's decision

The news Hyein brought was a crushing blow to Danielle and Hanni.

Hanni struggled to grasp that the person she had spent so much time with could be responsible for killing their comrade, their friend. She never expected that Minji could kill her last remaining relative.

"Did... did Minji really do that?" Hanni asked, her face a mixture of worry and disbelief.

"The Village Chief, Song Heeseung, was the one who witnessed it," Hyein replied.

Hearing that name, Hanni sprang up from the bed.

"Han, where are you going?" Danielle asked, alarmed.

"To Minji. She needs someone right now." Hanni responded, what she wanted was heard loud and clear by two people in the room.

Danielle's frustration boiled over. "Are you going to that bastard who killed her sister for what? She killed MINJOO. She killed her!"

"What if she didn't?" Hanni countered.

"And what if she did? C'mon, someone saw her! Wake up, Hanni!" Danielle snapped. In this moment, Danielle managed to raise her voice towards Hanni.

"What's happening?" Clueless Haerin asked, rubbing her eyes as she appeared from behind the curtains. She's sleeping peacefully next to Hanni's bed, but she has been awakened by the commotion. "I woke up with all that noise."

"Kim Minjoo is dead." Danielle repeated.

"Did Minji do that?" Haerin asked, looking to Danielle for confirmation. Danielle nodded in response.

"I want to talk to her." Hanni said, catching everyone's attention. "I just need a moment." She added.

"Come on, Han! She might kill you!" Danielle's voice rose, her voice filled with frustration as she couldn't comprehend Hanni's request.

Hanni closed her eyes, exhaling deeply before responding. "She won't kill me."

"How can you be so sure?" Danielle demanded.

"Because it's Minji," Hanni replied with quiet certainty.

She knew that Minji, who had always saved her, protected her, and healed her wounds would never harm her. Minji was her steadfast protector, and Hanni trusted her despite all her wrongdoings.

"Whatever. Do whatever you want, just come back alive." Danielle said.

"I will."

Hanni left the recovery room to look for Minji's whereabouts.

"Goddammit."

___________________________________________

Hanni searched for Minji with no break. She looked for her at the forest and the area around the cabin, but Minji isn't there or any places near that area. She had been looking for Minji since the sun set, but now, with dawn approaching, she still had no idea where Minji might be.

But suddenly, Hanni remembered a special place.

"Hanni, I've heard that this tree grants your wishes." Minji said while looking at a tree.

Clinging to this hope, Hanni made her way to that special place, the tree that held so many memories. But when she arrived, Minji was nowhere to be found.

She tried harder, searching for any signs of Minji near the garden with the wish-granting tree, but Hanni found nothing. Frustrated and exhausted, she hadn't discovered a single trace of Minji at any of those places.

"Think, Hanni, think." She said to herself, forcing her brain to think for another clue, another place. Suddenly, she remembered a special place for both of them. Hanni didn't think twice as she headed there, hoping this time she would find Minji.