Dead body

"So, Jang Wonyoung, should we start?"

Without a word, Wonyoung unleashed countless numbers of attacks on Minji, using her super speed to keep her opponent distracted with her sudden movements.

In response to Wonyoung's attack, Minji used illusions to confuse Wonyoung even more. However, Wonyoung's cognitive enhancement allowed her to identify what's real between the real Minji and the illusion, giving her an upper hand during this battle.

Minji knows what she's doing. Minji is fully aware of the formidable opponent she's currently facing.

"Jang Wonyoung. Do you think you can kill me?" Minji asked her opponent.

"I can turn the impossible to possible." Wonyoung answered with a confident smirk on her face.

"We used to be friends, aren't we?" Minji said while secretly using her nail to cut her palm.

"Friends never hurt each other." Wonyoung, who has noticed it quickly, run towards ber and grabbed her arm, preventing her from using her summoning technique.

"Why are you doing this?" Wonyoung asked her old friend, but to her frustration, She couldn't read or extract any kind of information from Minji. She feels like there's a mysterious force inside Minji that kept on nullifying her ability to gain information by direct contact.

"I have to." Minji answered as she tried to stab Wonyoung with her sword to stop her from trying to extract information from her.

"Then, I'll protect Hanni from you." Wonyoung declared after evading Minji's sudden attack.

Minji saw her chance as she summoned a formidable giant snake that only obeys her orders.

"I've always tried making Hanni happy, but at some point, she wishes that you are me." Wonyoung said.

"You made her the happiest, but you also brought her so much pain." She added as she started using her speed to attack the giant snake Minji summoned.

"This is not a fair fight if you wouldn't use any weapon. Take this." Minji said as she threw a sword towards Wonyoung, who quickly caught it.

Wonyoung used the sword to cut the giant snake, but one cut will never be enough to kill it.

Wonyoung used the energy she reserved for herself, stabbing and slashing the giant snake until she successfully defeated it.

Wonyoung, who managed to kill the snake, turned her head towards Minji.

"Now, let's fight head on, using these swords only." Wonyoung declared, and Minji smirked in response.

"As you wish."

Wonyoung used the power of her super speed to attack Minji using a sword, channeling her energy into her sword.

The resounding clash of their swords echoed through the air as they fought relentlessly, with no stopping, without letting others disturb them.

Sweating, bleeding, trying their best not to lose. Not only because they have their ideologies and goal on the line but also because of Hanni.

Wonyoung risked her life to protect Hanni, while Minji staked everything on her path to fulfill her only goal, and Hanni would be the one to end it all, the one to end her.

"Hanni's lost her other half the day that she lost you!" Wonyoung shouted, channeling her energy onto the sword that she would use to avenge and protect those people important for her. And once again, she managed to counter Minji's attack.

Minji, taking a step back, recognized Wonyoung's strength and felt satisfaction in facing a formidable opponent. She knows that this might be the last, that she might not be able to evade it the next time Wonyoung attacks her like that.

She knows she's fighting someone strong, and she's happy to measure her strength, using Wonyoung as her parameter.

"Why... why do you always have to ruin everything for Hanni?" Wonyoung asked Minji.

"Did you ever love her?" She asked.

Minji, unable to vocalize her feelings, maintained silence because saying it would change anything, saying it might lose everything she worked hard for.

But she knows it herself. She did love Hanni.

And she still does.

With Minji's silence, Wonyoung knows the answer.

"I need to kill you, so Hanni wouldn't." Wonyoung declared, her eyes were fiery.

She started attacking Minji once again, using the sword and her speed.

Minji moticed that some of Wonyoung's moves are not yet polished. Considering this, Minji found an opening and landed a strike on Wonyoung

Blood scattered on the ground. Wonyoung's breathing becomes heavy. Despite this, her determination never wavered.

She closed her eyes upon receiving that kind of damage as she tightened her grip on the sword.

In this moment, Minji attempted to attack Wonyoung, but Wonyoung managed to evade it with her eyes both closed.

It seems like Wonyoung could feel and see it more when her eyes were both closed. Her senses have heightened.

Minji's lips formed a smirk.

She's now enjoying the fight, she find Wonyoung's skills interesting but will never reach Hanni's interesting level of potential.

A potential to stop a havoc, that's Hanni's ability, that not even the strongest Hero king could surpass.

Wonyoung channeled all her remaining energy and attempted to strike Minji.

Minji used her sword to stop it.

One thing is for sure, blood flows down the ground.

Hanni, who had just arrived at the location of the battle, witnessed the terrifying scene.

Her body started trembling as she saw the result of the battle.

Minji with a broken sword

And Wonyoung, with her sword, pierced through Minji's chest.

Hanni, overwhelmed by the weight of that scene, feels like the world's collapsing around her as if her energy had been completely drained.

Wonyoung, with a determined expression, pulled out the sword from Minji's chest. She knows that the fatal blow that had been strategically placed on the girl's chest ensures Minji's instant death.

And there on the cold ground, Minji's lifeless body lay down.

And it was her dead body.

__________________________________________

Well..