Loving you, losing you

After a week of Minji's staged death, Hanni locked herself in her own room.

One thing consumed her thoughts.

Or rather, one person.

Kim Minji.

Hanni's gaze fixed on a cherished picture frame within her room, a picture of a time that never failed to bring her smile and joy.

She carefully picked up the frame, and her eyes lingered on the image of herself and Minji, both filled with happiness and sparkling eyes. It is in contrast to the present reality where Minji was gone along with Hanni's genuine smiles.

"Minji, you're not fair." Hanni whispered, holding the picture as she remembered the happiness that now seemed lost.

In the distance, not that far away from Hanni's window, a certain pale figure is watching her from a far.

"You're spending your day like this, Han?" Minji mumbled, her words got carried by the wind.

Minji felt that her chest was aching, but it's not because of the wounds she received a week ago but due to witnessing Hanni's current situation.

Suddenly, a bird entered Hanni's window. The bird slowly placed itself on Hanni's shoulder.

"Hanmin." Hanni called out the name of the bird.

When Hanni first met the bird, she named it Hanmin, a name formed by combining hers and Minji's.

During the days when Hanni's day was filled with sorrow, longing, and pain, Hanmin stood as a source of comfort for her. The small bird chased away her sorrows and negative emotions. It becomes her trusted companion during different moments in her life.

But one thing about that bird that Hanni never noticed, or maybe she didn't manage to catch that because of the aura that it concealed

The aura hinted that there's a deeper connection. The bird came from someone unexpected, someone who, despite what happened in the past, cared enough to watch over her.

"Hanmin, take care of Hanni and look out for her every day. As long as she's alive, make sure she's safe." Minji whispered.

Hanmin was created from Minji's summoning ability, a small creature capable of transforming into a beast when danger could be felt. A silent guardian brought into existence by Minji to watch over Hanni and protect her from anyone who would bring harm to her.

"As long as I continue to love you from a far, I will end up eventually losing you, Hanni." Minji said, smiling with pain in her eyes.

"You have to hate me. That's the only way to make it stop hurting." Minji mumbled as she slowly faded away.

"Hanmin, can you reach Minji? Because even with my telepathy, I can't reach her." Hanni said, waiting for the bird's response.

"Why, when I keep loving her, I'll only end up losing her?" Hanni mumbled, the pain evident in her eyes, feeling the difficulty of her emotions.

"You're the only one keeping me sane, Min. But now you're gone, how am I supposed to live the best of my life? How am I supposed to face tomorrow?" Hanni mumbled with a sad look on her face.

She gently placed the picture frame down and lies on her bed. Hanmin found its place on the window, providing quiet company that offered Hanni a sense of relief.

As she closed her eyes, even in the darkness, Minji's still the sole image that Hanni could see.

"I just need time.. I'll b-be fine. Just give me some time." Hanni whispered with closed eyes.

"Hanni?" A familiar voice called out her name outside the door of her room. "Danielle, not now, please." Hanni pleaded.

"The academy principal is looking for you."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

Hanni wiped out the tears in her eyes as she stood up, opening the door for Danielle.

"Are you okay?"

"Kind of." Hanni responded.

"You got bags under your eyes. You should sleep and eat at the right time, Hanni. Even the strongest hero king sleeps and eats at the right time to get stronger and healthy." Danielle said.

"Wonyoung's waiting for you downstairs." She added.

Hanni nodded her head but remained inside her room for a few moments. She closed her eyes, it feels like none of her body's functioning properly. Loving Minji had once given her strength, chasing away all her pain. Now, losing Minji brought an overwhelming agony that seemed to ruin her very being.

Hanni stood up and opened the door. She took a step outside her room, and suddenly...

There's a huge explosion outside the building where her room is located, causing it to collapse.

___________________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter. On a different note, what are your thoughts about the updated cover?

 On a different note, what are your thoughts about the updated cover?