Night of the massacre

Minjoo stood before the clouded facade of the abandoned empire, her hand trembling as she took a hesitant step inside.

"What do you suggest, Won?"

"Do you trust your memories?" Wonyoung countered, studying Minjoo closely.

Minjoo nodded her head. "I trust myself more than anyone." She affirmed the younger.

"Then return to the empire. Perhaps our questions will find answers as you explore within its depths. Maybe there's something that happened that night, some crucial information that you might've forgotten."

As Minjoo continued on with a sigh, the floor of the empire revealed a haunting sight, bloodstains scattered across its surface. Despite the unease feelings stirring within her, Minjoo pressed forward, seeking answers on questions that only the empire knew.

Then, without warning, a memory flashed back to the forefront of her mind. In it, Minji embraced her tightly, whispering the word,

"I'm sorry."

It was a memory buried deep within her consciousness, one she had never before recalled.

In that moment, Minjoo's world began to spin, her senses overwhelmed by the sudden flood of memories. With a dizzying sensation, she felt herself collapsing to the ground, consciousness slipping away from her grasp.

___________________________________________

Suddenly, Minjoo woke up in a familiar place filled with happiness.

Without a doubt, it was the day before the massacre.

As she wandered around the piece of memory, Minjoo caught glimpses of herself laughing and sharing joyful moments with her loved ones. Yet, she was aware that despite the laughter and smiles, a haunting event will be unfolded.

She saw the faces of those who had once been her family, now forever frozen in time, their lives brutally cut short, their bodies bathed in their own blood. Seeing them alive and well makes Minjoo's heart wrench in pain.

As Minjoo approached, the sight of her sister talking to children caught her attention as she slowly walked towards them.

Minji gazes at them with a lonely look on her eyes. But what piqued Minjoo's curiosity was the sight of Minji embracing the kids and mumbling apologies.

Minji then smiled warmly at the children as she showed them something that could probably happen in the future using an illusion.

"One day, this place will be filled with joy like this.The new generation will be able to reach freedom and peace. I let you take a peak. Just don't say anything about this to anyone." Minji whispered to the children with a smile on her face.

But Minjoo sensed a glimpse of guilt in her sister's sincere expression.

In that moment, Minjoo realized that this memory was not just her own. It was a shared recollection of the memories of the people's lives that were lost within the empire.

Suddenly, the scene shifted, and Minjoo found herself positioned behind Minji, staring at her sister's frustrated expression. The tension in the room rises as accusations flew back and forth.

"Who's Kim Dabeom, and why are you doing this for him?!" Minji's voice echoed inside the room, but the elders in the family remained unfazed by it.

"Is it the hero named Dabeom?" Minji repeated her question, but Minjoo's attention was diverted elsewhere.

Behind the elders of kim family, a child lying down with cuts and wounds.

Minjoo's eyes widened in horror at what she had seen, the thought that the only privileged family, a family that could live until their fifties, could inflict such cruelty on those with already short lives