Heartbeat and Heartbreak

(This chapter mostly contains flashbacks. Hanni's memories with Minji.)

Hanni strolled within the huge walls of their school, admiring the magical displays unfolding in different classes. She witnessed the creative outcomes of others manifesting their powers brought her genuine delight.

Amidst the lively students enjoying their magical classes, Hanni's attention was caught by a somewhat gloomy figure standing apart from her classmates.

Though the young girl outwardly appeared like a normal 13-year-old student, the girl was surrounded by an overwhelming aura that Hanni couldn't ignore.

"Kim Minji, show the class your ability." The teacher instructed the young girl.

"So, Kim Minji is her name, huh." Hanni thought to herself as she smiled without even knowing it.

"Ms. Dam, can you show me your powers?" Young Minji asked her teacher. The teacher showed her power to the class. Ms. Dam have Hydrokinesis or the ability to control water.

She skillfully displayed images through controlling the water molecules.

Then, Minji touched Ms. Dam's hand for a few seconds, and as if drawing water from the very molecules in the air, she crafted a huge water-like mansion, leaving everyone in awe.

Hanni's eyes lit up upon seeing what Minji did , completely forgetting the overwhelming aura that surrounded Minji a few moments ago.

After the classes, Hanni approached the young girl with a huge smile flastered on her face.

"Hey, you're awesome. That power of yours is incredible." Hanni remarked.

"Thanks, I guess." Minji responded with a straight expression, though she couldn't deny feeling flattered on Hanni's words.

"What's your name?" Minji asked the girl who approached her so suddenly.

"I'm Pham Hanni, and you are Kim Minji. I heard your teacher called out your name." Hanni responded, offering a wide smile to the girl.

"Aren't you scared at me?" Minji asked. Concern is evident on her demeanor.

"Why would I be?" Hanni asked, genuinely puzzled.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, you know!" Hanni exclaimed, making Minji left out a chuckle.

Minji stood up and playfully ruffled Hanni's hair. "See you around, then."

Hanni doesn't know why, but she feels like her heart is beating so fast than its normal pace.

And then, she realized that maybe she's infatuated.

___________________________________________

"Kim Minji." Hanni, a 16-year-old girl, gently woke the slumbering person in the school's garden.

Minji gradually opened her eyes, greeted by the sight of a beautiful person standing before her. "Morning, Han." Minji greeted Hanni with a smile.

"Wanna teach some bad guys a lesson?" Hanni suggested a fun activity that they both enjoyed. "Oh, is it Eunho? That guy is scared of frogs." Minji responded as a smirk formed on Hanni's lips.

"You know what, Pham. You really gave me an idea of how we can make fun of him after what he did with those innocent students." Minji said as her lips formed a curve.

"So, you're in, Kim?"

"I'm in."

Minji and Hanni arrived at Eunho and his friends' hideout. They are currently behind the bush. Hanni glanced at Minji. "Are you ready, Min?" Hanni asked as she received a huge smile from her friend.